The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itsmecatherine
Are they really that harsh towards eu students :redface: ?? Bc I think that you both should be fine... like for ex my friend had 38/45 predicted, 566 from HLs and got offer from LSE ...
btw what countries are you from :P ? I'm so thrilled to meet other EU students applying for Law

Hi! I'm Virginia and I'm Italian:smile:
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
Hi! I'm Virginia and I'm Italian:smile:

I'm Karolina and I'm from Poland 👋🏻😉
Original post by karolinnam
I'm Karolina and I'm from Poland 👋🏻😉

Well hello Virginia, hello Karolina... I'm Kasia and I'm also from Poland :tongue:
Well hello Virginia, hello Karolina... I'm Kasia and I'm also from Poland :tongue:

Nice to meet you both :-)
Original post by karolinnam
Anyone else waiting for King's decision? I'm so nervous... Got 26 on the LNAT, my essay was fine, I believe, and I'm predicted 777 (A*A*A*) and 44/45 (IB) but I'm an EU student so I think then may reject me :frown:

Wonderful result!!! You are Eu students is better than us which are not EU students mostly like Chinese. The fee and condition for EU or not is different. Maybe for EU 23 (LNAT) is good, for non-EU are 28-29.
Your Alevel or IB results are the best evidence to show your academic hardworking.
Best Wishes for your result!!!
Eu students are better cause most of them are able to take same fee as British. But if it's for non-EU the fee is 2 or 3 times compared with original fees. The standard requirements are higher.
I am a Chinese my father have to pay 50,000 pounds each year for my total fee. That's incredible.
For those who applied to birmingham, how long did it take to get a decision?
Original post by Louisevilles
Eu students are better cause most of them are able to take same fee as British. But if it's for non-EU the fee is 2 or 3 times compared with original fees. The standard requirements are higher.
I am a Chinese my father have to pay 50,000 pounds each year for my total fee. That's incredible.

Poor you! I'm shocked and repulsed at the same time...well, if UK leaves the EU, the fees for eu applicants will probably rise to the same level and well I don't think I'm able to bare such a financial burden :frown: fml...
Poor you! I'm shocked and repulsed at the same time...well, if UK leaves the EU, the fees for eu applicants will probably rise to the same level and well I don't think I'm able to bare such a financial burden :frown: fml...

im international and I'm not complaining despite I'm not stacked, the US is faaaar worse
If Britain leaves the EU, most 'Study Abroad in Europe' opportunities will disappear - or only be offered at full cost. Many people forget the major plus sides of being in the EU......
It is cost neutral or actually a profit for UK inc. There are far more inbound EU Erazmus students to UK than outbound. The inbound are subsidized by UK and outbound subsidized by host country, if UK charges full rates for inbound there will be more cash in the budjet to pay the full outbound leg. UK universities can certainly not loose in this respect from pulling out of EU. Where they will loose is the incoming EU research budjet where UK currently gets the lion's share. Without research investment the UK unis will soon start to fall behind in the desirability stakes. In education better to follow the money.
Anyone got an offer from Bristol with A*AA or above predictions and 23-26 LNAT?

That's why I admire EU students. Nowadays they have the same requirement as British students ( Whatever finance or exam result...)
But don't worry about it :smile:
Actually not all of the Chinese students are able to have this particular chance. But now it's changed. Parents want their child have the best education. They start the aboard early( Like in sixth form, GCSE or year 9!!!)
Chinese actually will let the university application be more competitive.(I am afraid...)
Which one is better for law??( Manchester and Warwick)
The ranking says Warwick it's better.
I only know Warwick's economic is absolutely strong.....
Original post by ArsalanBac
Anyone got an offer from Bristol with A*AA or above predictions and 23-26 LNAT?

I got an offer from Bristol with AAA or A*AB with a lower LNAT score...
Could anyone help me out please? I can't make up my mind on which uni to pick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandyyCD97
Could anyone help me out please? I can't make up my mind on which uni to pick

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll try.
What's the dilema ?
What are your predicted grades/LNAT etc.?
Where have you applied?
What do you want to do with Law after you finish?
Predicted= AAA
AS Grades AACC- english lit, bio, history and chemistry
and re-taking half of history AS to get it up to at least a B
LNAT score of 20
What do you think the chances are of being offered a place at Bristol or Nottingham?
Original post by Ellie_Spencer
Predicted= AAA
AS Grades AACC- english lit, bio, history and chemistry
and re-taking half of history AS to get it up to at least a B
LNAT score of 20
What do you think the chances are of being offered a place at Bristol or Nottingham?

You might not be top of the pool but people got offers from both these in previous years with similar results, So basically it's a numbers game, if lots already with offers do better than expected and firm elsewhere more offers from Bristol/Nottingham will be back on the books.

Some results from previous years:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/connect/course/law

I'm also waiting in the pool for Bristol with only 18 LNAT so expect to go all the way to the wire to end of Mar before they finally have to say yes or no.

If might be to our advantage if we spread the rumour that Bristol is the worst possible university, everyone hates it, the city is crap, it will be closed down as a terrorist hotbed etc. Whatever it takes to make people not want to go there.
Original post by crocface
You might not be top of the pool but people got offers from both these in previous years with similar results, So basically it's a numbers game, if lots already with offers do better than expected and firm elsewhere more offers from Bristol/Nottingham will be back on the books.

Some results from previous years:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/connect/course/law

I'm also waiting in the pool for Bristol with only 18 LNAT so expect to go all the way to the wire to end of Mar before they finally have to say yes or no.

If might be to our advantage if we spread the rumour that Bristol is the worst possible university, everyone hates it, the city is crap, it will be closed down as a terrorist hotbed etc. Whatever it takes to make people not want to go there.

I'm in the same situation as you both.
Waiting on Bristol and Nottingham with a not so great LNAT score,
I'm hoping people will reject them if they have offers from the London uni's or oxbridge.
Desperately want to go to one of these!

Latest

Trending

Trending