The Student Room Group

How are CA and exams added together for your final grade?

Hello I'm doing my real GCSEs in a few months and I'm wondering
If 25% Controlled Assessments
And 75% Exam
How are the grades added together?
Like say you got an E in your controlled assessment but an B/A in exam, what would your grade be?

Thanks
Original post by byaakun
Hello I'm doing my real GCSEs in a few months and I'm wondering
If 25% Controlled Assessments
And 75% Exam
How are the grades added together?
Like say you got an E in your controlled assessment but an B/A in exam, what would your grade be?

Thanks

If you got, say, 45% (middle E) in the CA and 75% (middle B) in the exam, you'd get:

0.25 * 45 + 0.75 * 75 = 67.5% = High C.

So I imagine with a good A you could get a B overall
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
If you got, say, 45% (middle E) in the CA and 75% (middle B) in the exam, you'd get:

0.25 * 45 + 0.75 * 75 = 67.5% = High C.

So I imagine with a good A you could get a B overall

Thank you! That was very helpful, indeed. I'm just thinking of the worst case scenario, if you failed one of your controlled assessments, but did really good on the exam (let's say 75% = middle B, like you said)

Would that mean you get the middle B or would that be knocked down by your failed CA, or just fail it all together? : O
Lol

I hope I'm not asking too many questions, as I'm a really nervous person - especially when it's comes to grades or exams ^^
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by byaakun
Thank you! That was very helpful, indeed. I'm just thinking of the worst case scenario, if you failed one of your controlled assessments, but did really good on the exam (let's say 75% = middle B, like you said)

Would that mean you get the middle B or would that be knocked down by your failed CA, or just fail it all together? : O
Lol

I hope I'm not asking too many questions, as I'm a really nervous person - especially when it's comes to grades or exams ^^

You'd get lower than a B most likely if you failed the CA as it's a 'weighted average' (not sure if that's a real term :lol:) but as the exam makes up 75% of the marks it takes more into account the grade you got in the exam rather than the grade in the CA. But I don't think you'd fail in that scenario.

No worries, ask away! :h:
Original post by byaakun
That's actually reassuring. I think I'm fine with all my other CAs/subjects if I keep a good rigid, revision timetable for my real exams, but I find one subject slightly challenging: Business.

Lmao it's an option I chose in Y10, though it's interesting to say in the least ^^

Oh yes, I didn't choose business myself but I have heard that the coursework is really difficult and time consuming. But hopefully you pick up marks here and there and yeah.. revise well and the exam should go well. :borat:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending