Physics
Biology
RE(Religious Education)
BTEC Sport
BTEC ICT
French
Business Studies
Which are the compulsory subjects?

Quite a range, which could be interesting.

Yes, triple is a huge workload...
To me English is the biggest pain in the arse but that's compulsory anyways. Still manageable tho. Maths I got a B in when I spent all of the lessons in year 11 playing crossy road so as long as you're natural okay at it you'll get by pretty easily. The three sciences are easy to manage, really. RE is just keks, it's simple stuff. No idea about sport. I really didn't enjoy my GCSE in ICT, but the work was simple enough. French is the one most people in my school struggled to pass, but I got an A in it with very little effort so I guess it depends what sort of person you are.

Haven't a clue about business studies, sounds like decent bants tho

lmao you can get Bs in triple science entirely on night before revision what are you chattin?
Reply 3
Original post by JenniMusic
Which are the compulsory subjects?

Quite a range, which could be interesting.

Yes, triple is a huge workload...

These are the compulsory:
English language
English literature
Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Biology
RE(Religious Education)
Reply 4
Thanks
Unless you actually think you'll enjoy them, don't do RE or ICT. I did ICT GCSE (I assume BTEC is quite similar) in year 9 (currently I'm in year 11) and I hated it. So did everybody else. It's an extremely outdated course that has little to no relevance to modern IT, and is just utter **** in general. RE is just *******s anyway, and I wouldn't bother with unless you have to do it.
If you enjoy ICT enough to want to do a GCSE in it, do computing GCSE instead. If computing is not available, I'd say do neither. Seriously, ICT is quick and easy but it still takes 20+ hours and it just isn't worth it. Universities and sixth forms won't give a **** if you don't have ICT GCSE.
Reply 7
Original post by MrOreo
Hi I would like to know if these are good GCSE and there difficulty
English language
English literature
Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Biology
RE(Religious Education)
BTEC Sport
BTEC ICT
French
Business Studies

honestly at GCSE just take what you like, the core subjects keep most options open for you..

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest