The Student Room Group

How do you get over someone easily?

How can you move on?

Scroll to see replies

You don't. It takes time and, usually, vast quantities of inebriates.
There is no quick and easy way :redface: just time of not havin them in your life in any way, shape or form.
It takes time, you can't rush it but you can help yourself by distracting yourself and spending time around people you love :smile:
Reply 4
Every time you think of them, think about why you broke up with them, works for me
Reply 5
There is no such thing as moving on easily. The best thing you can do is cutting all form of contact with that person for a while and keep yourself occupied. Hang out with your friends. Focus on uni work. Watch movies you like. Indulge in How I Met Your Mother.
Reply 6
Original post by ByronicHero
You don't. It takes time and, usually, vast quantities of inebriates.

I haven't seen her in person for months, literally ****ed if see her lol
Reply 7
Original post by mkap
Every time you think of them, think about why you broke up with them, works for me
Wasn't that easy for me, both my exes broke up with me for absolute non-reasons :colonhash:
Reply 8
Original post by Tootles
Wasn't that easy for me, both my exes broke up with me for absolute non-reasons :colonhash:

well then when you think of them think 'them cold hearted b***** broke up with me for no reason'
Reply 9
Reply 10
Original post by mkap

If only it were that easy...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mkap
well then when you think of them think 'them cold hearted b***** broke up with me for no reason'
Thanks :h: but they were years ago. Actually my first ex and I are still friends. I can't remember how I got over her now I think of it. We still slept together occasionally and then one evening I got a phonecall from another (female) friend while we were in media res, and I just stopped, got dressed, and left to go out for a drink with her :erm:
Reply 12
Original post by mkap
didnt you tell me youve never had a gf? :smile:

No, I said I've never done anything with a girl...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cry, block, time
Reply 14
Original post by Andy98
No, I said I've never done anything with a girl...

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh sorry my mistake :colondollar:
Reply 15
Original post by Tootles
Thanks :h: but they were years ago. Actually my first ex and I are still friends. I can't remember how I got over her now I think of it. We still slept together occasionally and then one evening I got a phonecall from another (female) friend while we were in media res, and I just stopped, got dressed, and left to go out for a drink with her :erm:

me and my first boyfriend are still friends too, were pretty tight, he knows me well so its all good. It was hard getting over him as he was my first love but now i have :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by mkap
oh sorry my mistake :colondollar:

It's alright. Plus she's dead so technically I haven't got a living ex-girlfriend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mkap
me and my first boyfriend are still friends too, were pretty tight, he knows me well so its all good. It was hard getting over him as he was my first love but now i have :smile:
I wouldn't go that far myself :ahee: but it's always hard the first time. With my second girlfriend I was just '...meh think I need a cigarette...' :lol:
Reply 18
Original post by Andy98
It's alright. Plus she's dead so technically I haven't got a living ex-girlfriend

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh im sorry to her, that must have been awful :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by Tootles
I wouldn't go that far myself :ahee: but it's always hard the first time. With my second girlfriend I was just '...meh think I need a cigarette...' :lol:

haha i get you, i think its bad that were so close considering were exs, it doesnt help that hes been wanting to get back with me for the past 3 years, maybe i should cut contact a bit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending