The Student Room Group

Aerospace engineering or Astrophysics?

I've applied for an Aerospace engineering course for university. I initially wanted to do Astrophysics because I genuinely enjoy it. However, upon research I found out there's not much scope for Astrophysics after education. I wanted to find something more stable so I came up with Aerospace engineering.
Recently I've been getting second thoughts, and I'm starting to get the feeling that stability may not be much of a problem as long as I excel in Astrophysics, and the more I think about it, the more I crave to study it.

Not sure what to pick, any suggestions?
Original post by yash.b97
I've applied for an Aerospace engineering course for university. I initially wanted to do Astrophysics because I genuinely enjoy it. However, upon research I found out there's not much scope for Astrophysics after education. I wanted to find something more stable so I came up with Aerospace engineering.
Recently I've been getting second thoughts, and I'm starting to get the feeling that stability may not be much of a problem as long as I excel in Astrophysics, and the more I think about it, the more I crave to study it.

Not sure what to pick, any suggestions?

Hmm, depending on the content of the aerospace master, it won't be necessarily give you more skills to get a job, though you have engineering on it, which can be an advantage. I would rather think, what you want to do in your job afterwards and then search a Master giving you those skills, and then choose a Master according to that. Otherwise just take a Master, you will really enjoy, because generally excelling at something helps you and depending on what you will do, you would still get additional skills, e.g. programming, analysing data, etc.

Maybe I am wrong, but it sounds a bit to me, that you choose aerospace engineering, because it has still to do something with space, although a lot of aerospace engineers do something very different and then you might not become happy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending