The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RascalRach
Hello everyone! I've been following this thread, it's very interesting! Although I have not posted much. However, today I received an invite for an interview for Adult nursing at Northumbria uni on 7th March! I am so pleased and grateful! Anybody else got an interview on that date? Also if anyone has got any tips for on the day I would be very grateful :colondollar: Thanks everyone! X

Congrats on your interview ☺️ when did you apply? I applied around the 10th of December and haven't heard anything back 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ciaralouise97
Congrats on your interview ☺️ when did you apply? I applied around the 10th of December and haven't heard anything back 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I applied in January. This is my second time round, i didn't get an interview last year. I wouldn't worry as I know from last year they were replying to people in no particular order... some people from college were getting replies before other people even though they hadn't had their application in as long.
Hi all i have just confirmed my place for Adult nursing @ Salford university for the September intake! I had some other offers but Salford was my first choice :biggrin: has anyone else heard from Salford ?
Reply 2663
Original post by cazcar19
Hey congrats to you too! I've sent mine off but i still havent got my signature to prove my hours so waiting for that at the moment. My previous employer has been pretty terrible at getting back to me about this unfortunately. How are you getting on? It took me way longer to do than 2-3 hours!

I sent mine off around January 15th? They said they received it on the 20th but not heard anything since about whether or not it's been accepted! Such a long wait! Yes it took me way longer than 2 hours too! At least you've sent it though, the signatures are the easy bit! (When people reply!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know how long Stirling take to give you an offer/rejection after an interview? I had my interview 28th January and not sure if they interview everyone before they give out offers?😋
Original post by eilidhr99
Anyone know how long Stirling take to give you an offer/rejection after an interview? I had my interview 28th January and not sure if they interview everyone before they give out offers?😋

What branch have you applied for? I've gone for MH and applied in October and still not got an interview or anything yet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eilidhr99

I had mine on the 27th and I am still waiting too☺️
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
Well done to those who have their offers! 😄😄

I had my first interview yesterday (King's - adult nursing) and it went well (I think?!) those who have offers - how long did it take to hear back? I sat the maths and English on the same day, so they said it could be up to 3 weeks 😖

CONGRATS!!! I'm sure you did wonderfully. Best of luck!!

It took me a little less than a week to hear back :-)
Original post by Em0509
Hey, I've applied for children's nursing at Sheffield Hallam, Huddersfield, Liverpool John Moore & Birmingham City. I have only heard from Birmingham city so far which I have a interview on 17th March as anybody else applied for these and heard anything? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I have an interview with BCU that is on 17th March too. See you there! :] xo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done to those who have their offers! 😄😄

I had my first interview yesterday (King's - adult nursing) and it went well (I think?!) those who have offers - how long did it take to hear back? I sat the maths and English on the same day, so they said it could be up to 3 weeks 😖

Hi how were the King's tests and the interview? I have mine in a few weeks and it will be the first interview I have!
Original post by livissuree
Hi how were the King's tests and the interview? I have mine in a few weeks and it will be the first interview I have!

Hey! I had my KCL MMI's on the Wednesday (10th Feb) and heard back from them within two days (yesterday) with an offer for Adult Nursing ^_^
The interviewers were lovely and conversations just flew naturally. I'd recommend not preparing too much apart from points you want to highlight and letting your passion flow with confidence in each station.
As for the tests, just keep practicing. I'm sure you'll do great :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hipposcribble
CONGRATS!!! I'm sure you did wonderfully. Best of luck!!

It took me a little less than a week to hear back :-)

Wow that's quick! Well done on your offer 😄 did you do the tests on the same day too? X
[QUOTE=gjani;62701725]Hey! I had my KCL MMI's on the Wednesday (10th Feb) and heard back from them within two days (yesterday) with an offer for Adult Nursing ^_^
The interviewers were lovely and conversations just flew naturally. I'd recommend not preparing too much apart from points you want to highlight and letting your passion flow with confidence in each station.
As for the tests, just keep practicing. I'm sure you'll do great :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi well done on your offer! I've also applied for adult nursing, but graduate entry! Hoping to hear with good news soon 😁😁 Are you UG or post-grad? :smile: x
[QUOTE=livissuree;62700357]Hi how were the King's tests and the interview? I have mine in a few weeks and it will be the first interview I have!

Hi! Well done on getting an interview - I can't say too much, but I thought the staff were lovely (so nothing to worry about there). The tests I found ok - just keep practising on the website as recommended on the website and don't overthink everything :smile: good luck! X
Hi well done on your offer! I've also applied for adult nursing, but graduate entry! Hoping to hear with good news soon 😁😁 Are you UG or post-grad? :smile: x

Hiya :smile: thank you! I'm sure you'll hear back soon with great news soon. I'm guessing you've had your tests and interviews? And I'm Undergrad x 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had an interview for Post grad Adult Nursing at Sheffield Hallam today, seemed to have gone really well. Did anyone else go as there were alot of people from undergrad and post/under grad Mental Health nursing too

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=gjani;62702937]Hiya :smile: thank you! I'm sure you'll hear back soon with great news soon. I'm guessing you've had your tests and interviews? And I'm Undergrad x 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fingers crossed! 😄 Yeah I'm just waiting now 😟 - I felt rushed for time with the English test and wasn't all that happy with it (although my first degree was an English-based degree 😳) - all I can do is wait 😁 x
Hi guys,

Has anyone applied for the pgdip at Sheffield Hallam?

I had my interview today - but wondered if anyone could help me with placement details. I am commuting from Derby and wanted to know how placement works/ if we have any say in where we go or if I could go somewhere local to me.

If anyone could help would appreciate it!

Original post by Daveholb
Had an interview for Post grad Adult Nursing at Sheffield Hallam today, seemed to have gone really well. Did anyone else go as there were alot of people from undergrad and post/under grad Mental Health nursing too

Hellooo!

I had my interview there aswell today! Pgdip adult :smile:
Fingers crossed! 😄 Yeah I'm just waiting now 😟 - I felt rushed for time with the English test and wasn't all that happy with it (although my first degree was an English-based degree 😳) - all I can do is wait 😁 x

That's exactly how I felt when the time finished for the English test. I really felt like I messed up but I obviously didn't 😂 the wait is painful but I'm sure the results will be great! It took a while for me to hear back because they were behind on marking. But just believe that no news is good news 😌x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending