The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

What do you like about King's?

Why did you guys choose king's over other unis? There are plenty of other unis in London? Just out of curiosity:smile: I think Kings may be my firm, quite excited for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Hey! I'm currently a third year student at Kings studying Geography, so I hope I can help you make your decision! Kings has been an amazing place for me to do my degree- I'm so jealous that you're about to begin your time there! I wish I could do it all over again!

Being the most central university in London means you've literally got all that London has to offer right at your feet! Living in this city has been the most amazing experience, I have loved every second!

The modules that my course offered were a really big selling point for me, and they've really not let me down! The teaching has been brilliant, and I've always felt supported by my lecturers and tutors throughout my entire degree.

I've found that KCL provided me with the perfect mix of academic and social life, there are so many societies so there'll definitely be something for you! They've been a great place to meet new people and learn new things.

I think the friendly atmosphere that Kings has a reputation for is most definitely what has made my time there so great though. It was this which helped me settle into life here so quickly and ultimately what has made my university experience so enjoyable!

Glad to hear that you're thinking about making Kings your firm choice! All the best with your studies!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Hey there!

I'm in my second year of studying Politics at King's and I must say: I'm loving it!
King's was actually my only choice in London because it seemed so much more comprehensive and modern than other universities in the sense that its student life seemed to be way more vibrant. The societies are really present and interactive, they all uphold traditions which is great because it really makes you feel included in the King's community.

Moreover all the facilities are really modern and the venue is amazing! Come visit during open days if you can! It will be fun and it'll give you the opportunity to judge for yourself :smile: (Even the website is so interactive and has an edge which I love.)

The most important factor for me was that King's really makes an emphasis on your future career and provides loads and loads of opportunities for you to enhance your employability. For my part it has helped me built my smartphone application.
King's is the perfect mix of academic and social life as Stephkcl said but it also enhances your career prospect!
Hope it helps, if you have more questions feel free to ask!
Cheers!
Hi!

I'm studying my first year of International Relations at King's, and I am really pleased with my decisions. I applied to 10+ unis all over the world, without a clue of where I wanted to study. However, after doing endless of research I concluded that King's would be the best option for me.
First of all, King's offered some unique modules that seemed perfect for what I wanted to learn, and the modules are taught by experts within the field - the kind of experts that I would only be able to read about at other universities. Here at King's they would actually be my teachers, and I thought that sounded amazing!
Secondly, King's has an incredible location in the centre of London, with so many opportunities. A few weeks ago I got to go to a talk with UN secretary-general Ban Ki-Moon - an idol for people studying my course! This was all possible because of King's, and I even got a discount for the tickets price for being a student. Even if you're interested in studying a completely different course, I am quite sure that there will be similar opportunities and events to go to!
Thirdly, I really love the international feeling at King's, and that was really important for me when I chose university.
Hope this was helpful. Please get in touch if you have more questions!
Reply 4
Original post by stephkcl

I've found that KCL provided me with the perfect mix of academic and social life, there are so many societies so there'll definitely be something for you! They've been a great place to meet new people and learn new things.

Great! Who doesn't like a good mix of academic and social life! I'm really looking forward to life in London since moving to a bigger city is going to challenge me a lot. Thank you so much for your reply, it's really appreciated:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by anysia

The most important factor for me was that King's really makes an emphasis on your future career and provides loads and loads of opportunities for you to enhance your employability. For my part it has helped me built my smartphone application.
King's is the perfect mix of academic and social life as Stephkcl said but it also enhances your career prospect!
Hope it helps, if you have more questions feel free to ask!
Cheers!

Aww thank you so much, it's really nice hearing from people who are really passionate about their uni! I'm glad king's is quite encouraging with their students' career prospects cos there are so many people nowadays with a perfectly decent degree and no places even to put their CVs through.

Hope you don't mind asking, but how is the student accommodations? Or even private ones like Unite etc. I've been having a look into them recently and not sure whether to go there for the first year and move out or just rent flat/house in the first place. Although the city I live in right now has lot's of students too so renting prices are high, but London is just.. yeah.. London's sooo expensive!!! Maybe I should just consider sticking to Scottish unis.. idk

If they are similar prices, which one would you go for? And which ones did you go for?
Thanks a lot!
Reply 6
Original post by kclemelie

I'm studying my first year of International Relations at King's, and I am really pleased with my decisions. I applied to 10+ unis all over the world, without a clue of where I wanted to study. However, after doing endless of research I concluded that King's would be the best option for me.
Secondly, King's has an incredible location in the centre of London, with so many opportunities. Even if you're interested in studying a completely different course, I am quite sure that there will be similar opportunities and events to go to!

Wow, that sounds like a vast range of unis to choose from! Can tell how good king's was to stick with it in the end. I was kind of going to do the same, although I chose 2 countries and decided to apply to both. I've only done UCAS so far though. Choosing between 5 is hard enough, 10+ must have been harder.

See, I'm applying for Pharmacy and I've heard lots of unfortunate stories about getting no pre-reg places at the end of their degree or no jobs, because they hadn't done any summer placements of have got no experience. How is the competition between peers to get summer placements? Is it quite a big deal in your course or not so much? I'm sure international relations is quite competitive too, right? And also, I'm sure anyone coming to king's would be quite determined to do well and try hard in their subject.

Quick Reply

Latest