The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Accommodation at Swansea

Scroll to see replies

the accommodation at the bay campus is mixed but it seems the boys outnumber the girls there. you could stay on Singleton campus or the student village and bus across approx. £300 per year
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Thanks for the quick reply Jack. It's not just "solely for girls" but as a mature student I am not sure that I would like to deal with a hall full of boys lol. Which Campus would you recommend? Can you give some information on the other campuses please? I have checked their page on the Swansea website but any other information would be great.
it is very difficult to recommend to you. The Singleton Park complex is stunning. in a huge park right across the road from a beach. However it is about 5 miles from the Bay campus so that would considerably lengthen your day. The student village is a further 2 miles out. You really need to decide what is important to you but I would have thought if you are studying at the Bay it might be best staying there. There is also a private halls of residence own by fresh student letting called St Davids in the city centre. This is halfway between the 2 but you'd still need the bus. there are videos on you tube of the singleton campus and the village. It might be worth discussing your situation with the accommodation section at Swansea uni as they have probably come across a simiar situation to yours and ight be able to advise you better
Hello,

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in here.

If you’re looking for great accommodation for September which is perfect for Swansea University students why not have a look at some of our spacious en suite rooms.
We are within walking distance from the city centre and have a bus stop right outside with a service that runs direct to the new Bay campus and also Singleton Campus.

Our modern accommodation is made up of en suite rooms with shared living space or en suite studios. All rooms have lots of storage, small double bed and study area. We also have a great social space with a flat screen TV, seating and pool table.

We pride ourselves on ensuring our students have the best experience and hold many events such as free pizza, DVD nights, welcome events and BBQs to name a few.

If you would like to arrange a viewing or discuss further please do not hesitate to contact us directly on [email protected] / 01792341640. Or find out more on our website or on our facebook page.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Katy @ St Davids
Original post by Poddybear
Thanks for the quick reply Jack. It's not just "solely for girls" but as a mature student I am not sure that I would like to deal with a hall full of boys lol. Which Campus would you recommend? Can you give some information on the other campuses please? I have checked their page on the Swansea website but any other information would be great.

Hello,

I would suggest Ty Beck as another option for you. Ty Beck is located in Uplands which is a short walk from the Singleton Park Campus and has excellent transport links into the city centre and the Bay Campus. Ty Beck is for Postgraduate and PhD students, couples and families - you can find out more
http://www.swansea.ac.uk/accommodation/residences/beck/

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions about Swansea University and I will try my best to help.
Original post by swanseajack1
the accommodation at the bay campus is mixed but it seems the boys outnumber the girls there. you could stay on Singleton campus or the student village and bus across approx. £300 per year

The student village won't be available next year. It has already being half-emptied. About the gender ratio, that's a consequence of the subjects in the Bay: engineering and management.
The key issue is whether you want to be close to campus. If that is the case then you will need to be in halls. There is very little housing close to the Bay campus. The other options will all require travel usually by bus. The number 10 goes from both Ty Beck and St Davids and the number 8 from the village (if still open) and Singleton. If the uni will let you stay there and you are prepared to travel then Ty beck sounds a good idea as a mature student
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Juichiro
The student village won't be available next year. It has already being half-emptied. About the gender ratio, that's a consequence of the subjects in the Bay: engineering and management.

have they actually announced it will close as I suspect only part will close. What is happening now is what I told you last year. they have announced they are building extra rooms at the bay campus to be ready for sept 2017 and took on extra students this year so I suspect part of the village will remain open until at least then. the cleaners were told last year it will still be open until 2020.
What is it like in the bay campus rooms? I've looked on the website and it looks like there is very little storage as I cant see a wardrobe in any pictures.
Hey sorry to butt in.. I'm wondering if anyone here could help me! I'm applying for st David's student accommodation in Swansea (fresh student living) and they ask for there first rent instalment on the 31st August 10 days before you move in, how are you meant to pay out just over £2k when your maintenance loan and bursary(I'm doing nursing so funded by the NHS) doesn't come in until after you've started at uni?! I just don't understand.. Could anyone give me some insight?! Thank you!
Original post by Djroberts95
Hey sorry to butt in.. I'm wondering if anyone here could help me! I'm applying for st David's student accommodation in Swansea (fresh student living) and they ask for there first rent instalment on the 31st August 10 days before you move in, how are you meant to pay out just over £2k when your maintenance loan and bursary(I'm doing nursing so funded by the NHS) doesn't come in until after you've started at uni?! I just don't understand.. Could anyone give me some insight?! Thank you!

It is normal policy to have to make a payment to secure a place but £2000 seems excessive. Usually a parent might pay it or the student themselves. It might be possible to get a short term bank loan or you could contact the university to see if you qualify for a hardship loan. I would also contact Fresh to see if they can help

If your student loan is late please contact the Accommodation Team at your Fresh Student Living location as they will be able to advise you
Original post by swanseajack1
It is normal policy to have to make a payment to secure a place but £2000 seems excessive. Usually a parent might pay it or the student themselves. It might be possible to get a short term bank loan or you could contact the university to see if you qualify for a hardship loan. I would also contact Fresh to see if they can help

If your student loan is late please contact the Accommodation Team at your Fresh Student Living location as they will be able to advise you

They ask for £100 deposit when booking which is fine, but then they ask for the first rent instalment to be payed 10 days before moving in🙈 I think I'll email them directly and see if it can hold off until the loan comes in and if not I think it'll be a bank loan or overdraft to cover until the loan comes in! Thank you!!☺️
Original post by Djroberts95
They ask for £100 deposit when booking which is fine, but then they ask for the first rent instalment to be payed 10 days before moving in🙈 I think I'll email them directly and see if it can hold off until the loan comes in and if not I think it'll be a bank loan or overdraft to cover until the loan comes in! Thank you!!☺️

just glad i've been of some help. Good luck
Original post by RickiDuff842
What is it like in the bay campus rooms? I've looked on the website and it looks like there is very little storage as I cant see a wardrobe in any pictures.

theres a wardrobe and theres space under the bed
Reply 394
Hello!
i'm from Panama, and i think i will take an LLM in Swansea, what's your opinion on Singleton Park for living?
it is near of the Law school?
it is cheap?
how its the night life?
can i walk to my lectures?
Thank you!
Reply 395
Hello!
i'm from Panama, and i think i will take an LLM in Swansea, what's your opinion on Singleton Park for living?
it is cheap?
how its the night life?

Thank you!
Original post by joseguz
Hello!
it is cheap?
how its the night life?

Thank you!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=swansea+university+campus+map&view=detailv2&&id=C0462FDBF537BFA64C2EFC8E845981E19D32FAB5&selectedIndex=1&ccid=1izVYdpg&simid=608046316357157771&thid=OIP.Md62cd561da601350bddf55eed65b2bcfo0
http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9mSs2ckEc5WuVEA2khLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTByaW11dnNvBGNvbG8DaXIyBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1456374181/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.swansea.ac.uk%2faccommodation%2f/RK=0/RS=uRkeH5LtIyVc51mhKkhyp5VoTR4-
The accommodation is a 1-2 minute walk from the law school
Compared to a lot of unis it is cheaper check out link above
Check the threads on nightlife on pages 3 onwards
Yes you can walk anywhere on campus see campus map
http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9mSs2chE85WclcAUG9LBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTByaW11dnNvBGNvbG8DaXIyBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1456374689/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.swansea.ac.uk%2faccommodation%2fresidences%2fsingleton-campus-residences%2f/RK=0/RS=E58JbcCTElhowpjDSg.K6SyWTD4-http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9mSs2chE85WclcAUG9LBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTByaW11dnNvBGNvbG8DaXIyBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1456374689/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.swansea.ac.uk%2faccommodation%2fresidences%2fsingleton-campus-residences%2f/RK=0/RS=E58JbcCTElhowpjDSg.K6SyWTD4-
http://www.swansea.ac.uk/accommodation/
(edited 8 years ago)
here is an article on Swansea with photos that might interest you
ttp://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-been-named-most-beautiful-10956789
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by joseguz
Hello!
it is cheap?
how its the night life?

Thank you!

I have attached a film which includes nightlfe

Quick Reply

Latest