The Student Room Group

A-Level Exams are 3 months away, how are you feeling?

Is that long enough to revise?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
depends how bad or how good you are already ...
depends on the subjects ...
depends on your ability ...
Try revising from now and on results day you will have answered your own question
More than enough. If someone seriously studied from now until their exams they can expect high A's to A*'s.
If you are really good - it is more than enough time.
Average ability - probably about the right time to start.
Dumb as a bag of hammers - won't matter.
Original post by TeeEm
depends how bad or how good you are already ...
depends on the subjects ...
depends on your ability ...

I want all A grades
Reply 6
Original post by Sierra Beckx
I want all A grades

I am sure you do !!
I'm panicking so much and I'm only doing 2 AS levels (Maths and Biology) but I am self-teaching and I also work full-time which is why I'm really struggling!! I've finally come to the conclusion that there is no way of me getting decent grades in the summer!!
I'm actually sh*tting it!!! My leaving cert (equivalent of A-Levels in Ireland) is in three months too and i haven't really done anything! We recently just did the mocks and tbh i don't think they went well :frown: I'm hoping three months is enough for some real study bc I really want to go to my top uni.
Original post by bisolarsystem
I'm actually sh*tting it!!! My leaving cert (equivalent of A-Levels in Ireland) is in three months too and i haven't really done anything! We recently just did the mocks and tbh i don't think they went well :frown: I'm hoping three months is enough for some real study bc I really want to go to my top uni.

Didn't want it bad enough to do the work before I take it?
Original post by kc_chiefs
Didn't want it bad enough to do the work before I take it?

i tried, but i have really bad concentration. i would literally write so many notes and ripped them (bc i'm a perfectionist) and i'd also try and read over them but just end up staring at the sheet :/
Original post by bisolarsystem
i tried, but i have really bad concentration. i would literally write so many notes and ripped them (bc i'm a perfectionist) and i'd also try and read over them but just end up staring at the sheet :/

Well you either get past that (there is no miracle method) or it isn't for you. You obviously aren't naturally gifted enough to get through with no work (based upon your mock comments) so you have two choices:

1) overcome the lack of work ethic/your hangups and work hard from now on. Really hard.

2) find something else to do in life and just accept you aren't cut out for academics.
Well you either get past that (there is no miracle method) or it isn't for you. You obviously aren't naturally gifted enough to get through with no work (based upon your mock comments) so you have two choices:

1) overcome the lack of work ethic/your hangups and work hard from now on. Really hard.

2) find something else to do in life and just accept you aren't cut out for academics.

....thanks for telling me what i already know :shifty:

Ignore choice two, just because you cant concentrate does not mean you shouldn't pursue the academic route.... Most people struggle to concentrate when it comes down to revision, its not just you.
Original post by Daniel9998
Ignore choice two, just because you cant concentrate does not mean you shouldn't pursue the academic route.... Most people struggle to concentrate when it comes down to revision, its not just you.

Original post by Daniel9998

There is a difference between struggling to concentrate and doing absolutely nothing (or close to it). A lot of peoples anxiety is caused by the fact they continue with academics when they shouldn't even be doing them.
4 months. Not sure how you'll pass if you cannot count
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sierra Beckx
Is that long enough to revise?

Lol if you havent been revising yet your deffo gonna fail mate
There is a difference between struggling to concentrate and doing absolutely nothing (or close to it). A lot of peoples anxiety is caused by the fact they continue with academics when they shouldn't even be doing them.

Nah I disagree. Thats not the right attitude to have. The only people that shouldnt follow the academic route are the ones that refuse to follow that path and it just isnt what they want. If someone wants to follow a path it dosent matter how suited or capable they are, if its what they want then thats the path they should follow, anxiety means nothing, it can be overcome.

She wants to do well in her A-level exams, shes worried and therefore struggling to concentrate just like the majority of people.
Reply 19
I'm feeling confident for 2/3 of my subjects. I'm doing well in Maths & Further Maths this year and have made massive progress this year. This time last year I was getting poor grades but this year im getting A*-B on harder content so I think I'll do well in these 2 subjects this year.

However, Business Studies is destroying me I literally hate it. I feel like there was a massive jump from AS to A2. I got an A at AS with minimal work done outside of class but that wont cut it at A2 I need to fix up quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest