The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Can i apply for UCL even though i will not be 18 at start of year as my birthday is only a couple of days away? Really want to apply but not take gap year.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Guys I Come With Delightful News!

I GOT REJECTED WOOOOOOOH

Sorry to let you down guys, UCL won't be that exciting after all, now that i'm not going there.
:getmecoat:
Original post by Ripe Raspberry

I GOT REJECTED WOOOOOOOH

Sorry to let you down guys, UCL won't be that exciting after all, now that i'm not going there.

ah sorry to hear that, when was the interview?
Original post by A.Person
Can i apply for UCL even though i will not be 18 at start of year as my birthday is only a couple of days away? Really want to apply but not take gap year.

Medical schools tend to be really strict about this because you will often have patient contact from day one and not being 18 has all sorts of legal implications for the university. Therefore I highly doubt you will be allowed to enter if you are not 18 on the first day of the year. But worth maybe emailing to find out?
Original post by Funky_Giraffe
Medical schools tend to be really strict about this because you will often have patient contact from day one and not being 18 has all sorts of legal implications for the university. Therefore I highly doubt you will be allowed to enter if you are not 18 on the first day of the year. But worth maybe emailing to find out?

What did you get in thr bmat
Original post by Ripe Raspberry

I GOT REJECTED WOOOOOOOH

do you mind if i ask how you felt your interview was, and possibly where you came unstuck at all? I really hope the rest of your applications go well
Original post by plsgivemeanoffer
do you mind if i ask how you felt your interview was, and possibly where you came unstuck at all? I really hope the rest of your applications go well

I thought my interview was actually really good, i never really tripped up on any question really the only thing was that i didn't elaborate on a few questions because they were like "okay" so i felt i should stop.
Thanks, you too
Original post by Nightinwind
ah sorry to hear that, when was the interview?

What?
Original post by aspiringmed2016
Don't worry I'm sure you'll get one!

THANK YOU! I JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by medprospects

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! When for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha well done I told you! Whens your interview?
Original post by masryman97
Nice! When for?

Thank you! 9th March. Have you heard back?

:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aspiringmed2016
Haha well done I told you! Whens your interview?

Ahah thanks!!! it's 9th March

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hood15
got an email from ucl asking for individual module grades. is this good or bad?

It's a good sign, I'd stay positive about it. Some people aren't asked for them but still.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! 9th March. Have you heard back?

:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice one! No I haven't :frown: don't think I will tbh I bombed bmat :/
Reply 1075
Nice one! No I haven't :frown: don't think I will tbh I bombed bmat :/

Hey don't be so sure! The rest of your application looks strong on paper... How are things going with your other unis?
Original post by gabby07
Hey don't be so sure! The rest of your application looks strong on paper... How are things going with your other unis?

Thanks for the encouragement! Waiting on Newcastle and Leicester after having interviews 😅😁 and imperial rejected me (bmat). You?
Reply 1077
Thanks for the encouragement! Waiting on Newcastle and Leicester after having interviews 😅😁 and imperial rejected me (bmat). You?

You gotta go all the way to the end. If they didn't want you because your BMAT was too low, they would have rejected you by now so you're still in with a chance! I applied to George's and got an offer :biggrin: but still waiting on Nottingham and Cardiff post interview. Although I sense a rejection for Cardiff because my interview was horrendous!! :frown: How did you feel your interviews went?
I love you guys, i think i'm pregnant to love

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done man! I remember talking to you a while back lol, told you it'd come through! Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending