The Student Room Group

what are the main things to consider when basing a firm choice?

I am trying to decide whether to put, northumbria university or huddersfield as my firm choice, huddersfield is close to me so would mean living at home, which is not a problem, however i want to study business with financial management, and was wondering if it was worth going to northumbria uni because of the fact it had the best business school of the year and its (AACSB) accreditation, and whether this would help me after finishing university to get noticed by employers, or whether i would have the same chance with studying huddersfield uni and getting the same degree?
Original post by KA3
I am trying to decide whether to put, northumbria university or huddersfield as my firm choice, huddersfield is close to me so would mean living at home, which is not a problem, however i want to study business with financial management, and was wondering if it was worth going to northumbria uni because of the fact it had the best business school of the year and its (AACSB) accreditation, and whether this would help me after finishing university to get noticed by employers, or whether i would have the same chance with studying huddersfield uni and getting the same degree?

Have a look on unistats they'll have info on the employment that students gained after their degrees
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Have a look on unistats they'll have info on the employment that students gained after their degrees

Thanks for the source, very helpful and both uni's seem to equally match
Original post by KA3
Thanks for the source, very helpful and both uni's seem to equally match

In that case, you could go more in depth to make your decision, like looking at the facilities available at each university and if you prefer any of the modules at one over the other and what the cities themselves have to offer. Would you feel happier staying at home or moving out?
If you've been to any Applicant days and remember things from open days and make a table of pros and cons of each uni. That may help you decide which one youll like best.
Remember, as much as the course and the prestige of a uni is, you have to think about how good the accomodation is, the city, the facilites, etc. Feeling happy and satisfied in your room will be equally as important as the course.
The one you just feel happy at for considering all things will be most beneficial to you.
But at the end of the day its yiur choice! Good luck
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
In that case, you could go more in depth to make your decision, like looking at the facilities available at each university and if you prefer any of the modules at one over the other and what the cities themselves have to offer. Would you feel happier staying at home or moving out?
Not that i would go for my friends, but 5 of them are going to northumbria so maybe i would not feel as stressed if i went there, but i wouldnt mind living at home either to go to huddersfield, im just thinking if i do the same course at hudders, maybe i would save some money that would be useful after uni, rather than having nothing coming out of northumbria,that is if i am saying the course is the same standard so what other benefits could i get
Reply 6
Original post by HarryPea122
If you've been to any Applicant days and remember things from open days and make a table of pros and cons of each uni. That may help you decide which one youll like best.
Remember, as much as the course and the prestige of a uni is, you have to think about how good the accomodation is, the city, the facilites, etc. Feeling happy and satisfied in your room will be equally as important as the course.
The one you just feel happy at for considering all things will be most beneficial to you.
But at the end of the day its yiur choice! Good luck

Night life doesnt bother me as i wouldn't be going out, i have done a table and it has left me more puzzled, i would say the city and facilities is better at northumbria but i can travel to leeds for city as i would be living at home
Original post by KA3
Not that i would go for my friends, but 5 of them are going to northumbria so maybe i would not feel as stressed if i went there, but i wouldnt mind living at home either to go to huddersfield, im just thinking if i do the same course at hudders, maybe i would save some money that would be useful after uni, rather than having nothing coming out of northumbria,that is if i am saying the course is the same standard so what other benefits could i get

Bare in mind you will get less student finance living at home but depending on how much your parents want for bills and the like. It would depends on how much you get but as you've said you wont be going out much, you might be able to save some money living out but not much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending