The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmyH81
I know it's a while back now but congrats on your offer for Cumbria. I have applied there for Children's Nursing and have had an interview. How long after your interview did they give you an offer? We have been told that we won't find out until April x

They said that to me aswell but I got my offer 13 days after so it was mid December when I got an offer ☺️ Good luck, I hope it's good news for you x
Original post by hanna_h
They said that to me aswell but I got my offer 13 days after so it was mid December when I got an offer ☺️ Good luck, I hope it's good news for you x

Well it's been 17 days since mine so far. Which branch did you apply for? X
Original post by AmyH81
Well it's been 17 days since mine so far. Which branch did you apply for? X

I applied for mental health, so I think theres a few more places for mh than child. I applied in 2014 and was rejected 4 days after my interview so no news is good news :smile: x
Original post by hanna_h
I applied for mental health, so I think theres a few more places for mh than child. I applied in 2014 and was rejected 4 days after my interview so no news is good news :smile: x

Yeah am not sure how many places for mental health but there's between 25-27 places for Child Nursing apparently. Oh really? Yeah I guess no news is good news - I just want to know lol :-D x
Anyone had or heard of anyone with a rejection for nursing at Bedfordshire?
Original post by Caligrafee
Not had it yet, not until February. Let me know what it's like :biggrin:

When in Feb did you have your interview? Mine was the 10th Feb. Have you heard anything?
Reply 2966
Original post by Jess992
Me and a friend of mine ended up applying to almost the same universities and the two that I've heard from are the two that she hasn't and vice versa... and she applied about 2 months before me! Think we should all hang tight until April at least :wink:

Had a wee question for anybody that's done an interview for University of Manchester Adult Nursing.. every other uni seems to have a clear guideline about the format of the interview and theirs just says 'individual interview'.. can anybody shed some light?

Mine was children's but they were all similar, for the talks and stuff before we were in a big room with applicants from all branches then in groups we were brought up to rooms to wait, it was 3 others and me
Original post by medgemoo11
Has anyone had an interview for Adult Nursing at Salford? If so how long did they take to get back to you. The wait is going to kill me!

I have an interview at Salford on the 10th March, can't wait to get it done now! How was it? I'm trying to get as prepared as possible but still freaking out! Hope you hear back soon:smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Graciecol
I have an interview at Salford on the 10th March, can't wait to get it done now! How was it? I'm trying to get as prepared as possible but still freaking out! Hope you hear back soon:smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww you will be fine. It is really relaxed and the tutors are lovely. Just make sure you research the 6 cs as you will be expected to talk about these at the group interview. Also make sure you brush up on the maths as it can be bit tricky if not done maths in a while. xx
Hey all - I originally applied for children's, but since my dream job is CAMHS then health visiting, I've decided to withdraw and reapply next year for mental health nursing instead :smile:

Terrified, but excited!!!

Glad you are all getting on so well.

CT x
Aww you will be fine. It is really relaxed and the tutors are lovely. Just make sure you research the 6 cs as you will be expected to talk about these at the group interview. Also make sure you brush up on the maths as it can be bit tricky if not done maths in a while. xx

Aww thanks! Have you heard back yet? I'm 30 so have been out of education for a while! (Work as a HCA) so I've downloaded a couple of maths apps and have been trying to brush up:smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Graciecol
Aww thanks! Have you heard back yet? I'm 30 so have been out of education for a while! (Work as a HCA) so I've downloaded a couple of maths apps and have been trying to brush up:smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

No! it will only be a week tomorrow but the wait is killing me! Im 39 and doing an access course at the minute. Register with SNAP they have practise tests on there x
No! it will only be a week tomorrow but the wait is killing me! Im 39 and doing an access course at the minute. Register with SNAP they have practise tests on there x

Ooh thanks I'll do that! Let me know how you get on and fingers crossed! Id love to get a place at Salford, hope you hear back soon X

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone is waiting for Southampton uni to reply to them after interview I just rang them and they are two weeks behind on making decisions
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by omr1995
If anyone is waiting for Southampton uni to reply to them after interview I just rang them and they are two weeks behind on making decisions

I'm still waiting, it'll be 4 weeks this week so maybe I'll hear back this week.
Original post by MissDetermined
I'm still waiting, it'll be 4 weeks this week so maybe I'll hear back this week.

Me too! So frustrating!! they said I should hear very soon so hopefully this week too! :smile:
Has anyone had an interview at Manchester?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got an interview at Robert Gordon on Friday? And has anyone gone for the 4 years honours course instead of the 3 year one?
Original post by eilidhr99
Has anyone got an interview at Robert Gordon on Friday? And has anyone gone for the 4 years honours course instead of the 3 year one?

Got thu not fri! Hope yours goes well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=Swagio;63101361]Got thu not fri! Hope yours goes well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool, thank you!! You too ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending