The Student Room Group

Can I accept two MA offers?

Hi everyone

Sorry to ask but I can't find other threads on this...

I have 3 unconditional MA offers... 1 I know I don't want, so will decline. So now there are 2 - I like them both, with a slight preference for one. But there's a very slim chance it won't be applicable for the new postgrad loans (unlikely but won't know 100% til May). I can't do it without one of those loans.

So can I in good conscience/is it technically allowed to accept 2 offers, and drop one once I know the situation re: funding?

Thanks in advance for your advice - it's much appreciated :-)
Original post by deborah_bl
Hi everyone

Sorry to ask but I can't find other threads on this...

I have 3 unconditional MA offers... 1 I know I don't want, so will decline. So now there are 2 - I like them both, with a slight preference for one. But there's a very slim chance it won't be applicable for the new postgrad loans (unlikely but won't know 100% til May). I can't do it without one of those loans.

So can I in good conscience/is it technically allowed to accept 2 offers, and drop one once I know the situation re: funding?

Thanks in advance for your advice - it's much appreciated :-)

Yes, that's absolutely fine
Reply 2
As Jantculum says, that's OK. It's actually quite normal for people to accept a Masters offer and then have to decline it later because they can't raise the finance. Unis will be fine with it - just let them know as soon as you can, in case there's a squeeze on places and it can be offered to another applicant.
Just remember that the proposed PG loans are only for £10k - so wont cover the entire cost of a Masters degree.
Reply 4
Original post by returnmigrant
Just remember that the proposed PG loans are only for £10k - so wont cover the entire cost of a Masters degree.

They do depending on the course :-) None of mine are more than £7,000 total.
Reply 5
Original post by Klix88
As Jantculum says, that's OK. It's actually quite normal for people to accept a Masters offer and then have to decline it later because they can't raise the finance. Unis will be fine with it - just let them know as soon as you can, in case there's a squeeze on places and it can be offered to another applicant.

Thanks, Klix and Janta! That's so helpful.
They do depending on the course :-) None of mine are more than £7,000 total.

It may cover fees - but there is no extra as a maintenance award.
Reply 7
@returnmigrant Depends on your circumstance I guess! The guidelines say you can apply for any amount up to £10,000. I work full-time so don't necessarily need maintenance money for living - but I will likely apply for a little more so I can cover books, trips etc. :-)
@returnmigrant Depends on your circumstance I guess! The guidelines say you can apply for any amount up to £10,000. I work full-time so don't necessarily need maintenance money for living - but I will likely apply for a little more so I can cover books, trips etc. :-)

So presumably this is only p/time study?
Reply 9
Original post by returnmigrant
So presumably this is only p/time study?

Yes, part-time :-) The most expensive degree in my offer list is £3,500 a year so £7k total.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending