The Student Room Group

A2 in 2 months

Hello. So I have 10 exams this year, and my subjects are Physics, Chemistry, Bio and Maths. I have all my notes ready, but I haven't been able to study, virtually at all, due to a lot of personal problems this past year. I did well at AS-

Physics- 286/300
Chem-283/300
Bio-263/300
Maths- 381/400

I've got a conditional offer, and I need three A's. Do you think it is possible for me to manage three A's? I don't know what I'm looking for by making this thread tbh. Thank you for reading.
Reply 1
Original post by TheMadHatteress
Do you think it is possible for me to manage three A's?

Yes.
Hello. So I have 10 exams this year, and my subjects are Physics, Chemistry, Bio and Maths. I have all my notes ready, but I haven't been able to study, virtually at all, due to a lot of personal problems this past year. I did well at AS-

Physics- 286/300
Chem-283/300
Bio-263/300
Maths- 381/400

I've got a conditional offer, and I need three A's. Do you think it is possible for me to manage three A's? I don't know what I'm looking for by making this thread tbh. Thank you for reading.

Of course, you clearly did well last year so if you are able to adopt similar habits then there is no reason you can't do similarly well (or even better as you now have an extra year of experience). You just need to have the confidence in yourself that you can do it. Also bear in mind that due to your very good as results, in order to get AAA you would need 194/300 in physics (64.7%), 197/300 in chem (65.7%), 217/300 bio (72.3%), 99/200 maths (49.5%). In short, as long as you put the effort in then you should be fine.

Also i hope that what ever problems you had have now been resolved :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Physics- 286/300
Chem-283/300
Bio-263/300
Maths- 381/400

What did you use to revise for physics? I'm resitting AS while doing A2 and I really need to relearn units 1 and 2
Original post by Zacken
Yes.

Short but effective. Thanks. :smile:
Original post by samb1234
Of course, you clearly did well last year so if you are able to adopt similar habits then there is no reason you can't do similarly well (or even better as you now have an extra year of experience). You just need to have the confidence in yourself that you can do it. Also bear in mind that due to your very good as results, in order to get AAA you would need 194/300 in physics (64.7%), 197/300 in chem (65.7%), 217/300 bio (72.3%), 99/200 maths (49.5%). In short, as long as you put the effort in then you should be fine.

Also i hope that what ever problems you had have now been resolved :smile:

Thank you very much for this. I suppose confidence is the main problem here. i'm just having a hard time accepting that life has unexpected problems sometimes. Thank you again :smile:
Original post by SeanHarvey
What did you use to revise for physics? I'm resitting AS while doing A2 and I really need to relearn units 1 and 2

Hello :smile: I think it was the question papers that did it for me. Do as many as you can and match each with the mark schemes, and that's all you need. Good luck :smile:
Thank you very much for this. I suppose confidence is the main problem here. i'm just having a hard time accepting that life has unexpected problems sometimes. Thank you again :smile:

No problem, im glad I could help and I wish you all the best, both with your exams and whatever is going on which has been so disrupting

Quick Reply

Latest