The Student Room Group

Who funds my course?!?!

I've applied for medicine but different sources are telling me different things about part funding and full funding. I started to apply on student finance and they said they don't fund me. Very very confused
Is it a NHS funded course?
Reply 2
I think so but some sites say NHS funds year 5 only but student finance won't let me apply
Yes I'm really confused about this too!:frown: so do I fill the student finance form in or not? Because it says that they won't pay my tuition fees. So I tried going on the NHS bursary site and it was REALLY confusing. So stressed out because of it ...
This is medicine? A100? Is funded by student finance like other degrees until after year 4, when the NHS take over.

You need to apply for student finance as normal.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous1471
Yes I'm really confused about this too!:frown: so do I fill the student finance form in or not? Because it says that they won't pay my tuition fees. So I tried going on the NHS bursary site and it was REALLY confusing. So stressed out because of it ...

I'm in the exact same position I don't understand any of if it
Reply 6
Original post by nexttime
This is medicine? A100? Is funded by student finance like other degrees until after year 4, when the NHS take over.

You need to apply for student finance as normal.

But student finance say they won't fund it?
Reply 7
Original post by ishabennett
But student finance say they won't fund it?

What exactly has it asked you, and what is it now saying? Standard undergrad entry medicine is funded by the normal student finance route until year 5+.
Reply 8
image.png
Reply 9
Have you ticked a box somewhere saying you're doing an NHS funded course or will be applying for NHS bursary? If so, untick it.
Original post by Helenia
Have you ticked a box somewhere saying you're doing an NHS funded course or will be applying for NHS bursary? If so, untick it.

But I did an eligibility thing and it said I'm eligible for NHS bursary
But I did an eligibility thing and it said I'm eligible for NHS bursary

Yeah but not until 5th year. You won't be on a NHS funded course until then. NHS funded courses refers to things like nursing.
Original post by ForestCat
Yeah but not until 5th year. You won't be on a NHS funded course until then. NHS funded courses refers to things like nursing.

Oh so I'm not eligible until 5th year so student finance do fund me
Oh so I'm not eligible until 5th year so student finance do fund me

Yes. Just tick the option for non-nhs funded and medicine should come up in that list.
Original post by ForestCat
Yes. Just tick the option for non-nhs funded and medicine should come up in that list.

Thanks a billion! That was really beginning to stress me out and teachers at school aren't much help
Reply 15
What do I click for this if im going to be starting medicine september 2016 @ForestCat

yes or no?

Untitled.jpg
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ekno
What do I click for this if im going to be starting medicine september 2016 @ForestCat

yes or no?

Untitled.jpg

No. You will not be eligible until 5th year.
Reply 17
Original post by Helenia
No. You will not be eligible until 5th year.

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending