The Student Room Group

Do you sometimes wish you grew up in another culture/society?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
Lol I wish I was anything but Asian

Honest.
Original post by akj.latif
It's not nearly as bad for my brother. If I ever attempted 1/10 of the stuff he pulls off, I'd be put on a cargo ship back to Saudi Arabia lol. It's definitely worse for a girl.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Yeah it was like that for my sister as well. The amount of times i heard my parents talking about sending my sister back to Ghana for the smallest of things was ridiculous.
Original post by tailred
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Yeah it was like that for my sister as well. The amount of times i heard my parents talking about sending my sister back to Ghana for the smallest of things was ridiculous.

I'm nearly 21 years old, and I still get phone calls at half-ten to come home because it's late lol.
Original post by akj.latif
I'm nearly 21 years old, and I still get phone calls at half-ten to come home because it's late lol.

Woah, you have it bad. Do you clash a lot with your parents because of it?
Original post by GlobalJewMafia
Saudi would be a piece of piss for me.

Is it the homophobia, the antisemitism or the fact that women don't have have to give you their permission before you have sex with them?
Original post by tailred
Woah, you have it bad. Do you clash a lot with your parents because of it?

Mmm sometimes it makes my life harder than it needs to be but often because they expect I'll never do anything bad, it makes getting away with it easier. I'll go to London to visit my friends who live there and I'll call them at 11 to say I'm sleeping and they believe it lol. They never suspect I'd go out and whatnot.
Original post by BarryBeTrippin
Honest.

Honesty is the best policy

I'd include some Middle Eastern cultures as well

Basically a western culture is what I'd want to grow up in. Although I was born in a western country, I was raised in an Asian culture
I'm glad my mum chose to move us to the UK. This country has provided me with opportunities I may not have had back in Nigeria. Being Nigerian can be annoying at times cause nigerian people are too much lol and parts of the culture I don't particularly like. Overall I'd say I'm satisfied
i wish i was italian or spanish or something exotic
Original post by teenhorrorstory
I'm glad my mum chose to move us to the UK. This country has provided me with opportunities I may not have had back in Nigeria. Being Nigerian can be annoying at times cause nigerian people are too much lol and parts of the culture I don't particularly like. Overall I'd say I'm satisfied

Hi can I ask what parts of the culture you don't like? Also have you ever seen anyone being lynched/jungle justice?
Not just the culture but the weather it gets tiring how it is always cold and wet. Also in my area everyone is rude and nasty/ chavs everywhere.
Original post by karl pilkington
Hi can I ask what parts of the culture you don't like? Also have you ever seen anyone being lynched/jungle justice?

Overly religiousness, superstitious..

No I haven't

Quick Reply

Latest