The Student Room Group

10 lies about Muslims

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Longshot700
Well yeah, since it's their opinion and view.

Clearly not in many of the cases in which you've replied to in this way on this thread.
Original post by Hydeman
Clearly not in many of the cases in which you've replied to in this way on this thread.

That's your opinion too. :smile:
That's your opinion too. :smile:

No, it isn't. :smile:
Original post by Hydeman
No, it isn't. :smile:

Also your opinion.
Also your opinion.

Nope.
Original post by Hydeman
Is that your natural reaction to every idea that you don't agree with?

It's a coward's way of getting to avoid actually having to think and debate a point. Pretty much nobody with a shred of intellectual integrity resorts to it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KimKallstrom
It's a coward's way of getting to avoid actually having to think and debate a point. Pretty much nobody with intellectual credibility resorts to it.

Oh wow, pathetic cheap manipulation tactics in order to get me to bother to care about your opinion.

You must debate me or you are a coward and not intelligent. SImply not true and your opinion.

Edit: Oh wow, you changed your sentence from intellectual credibility to "shred of intellectual integrity." I can feel your desperation through my screen.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
1:38

Why would Muslims be eating ham on their pizza?

Stupid lefties really do know **** all about Islam

It could be turkey ham
Don't call people stupid , when you yourself don't know every thing. Tbh you come off worse for it.
Your opinion.

Is there something wrong with your keyboard that you can only type that meaningless phrase? You started this thread, presumably seeking opinions on the video you posted. Yet when opinions are given you reject anything you disagree with by using that phrase. Why don't you use it when replying to someone you do agree with? It would still be true, and would still be useless.

Or are you just twelve years old?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Good bloke
Is there something wrong with your keyboard that you can only type that meaningless phrase? You started this thread, presumably seeking opinions on the video you posted. Yet when opinions are given you reject anything you disagree with by using that phrase. Why don't you use it when replying to someone you do agree with? It would still be true, and would still be useless.

Or are you just twelve years old?

You're opinion.
You're opinion.

No. I'm Good bloke. You are twelve.
Original post by Good bloke
No. I'm Good bloke. You are twelve.

Also your opinion.

Damn spelling errors. XD
Reply 72
a lot of people giving their opinions on islam as well as other religions.
IF your going to judge a religion by what it teaches, you have to read and research the religion iin detail. then judge. and whilst researching go in with an open mind rather than already coming up with a conclusion prior to any research and looking for quotes which support your conclusion,
not many do this, some will claim to have done this on this forum but it is a lie. attending a single r.e. lesson in school on islam or even a-level r.e. or degree level theology wont cover this.
i am talking about reading the holy book- quran and hadith in detail.
some giving opinions on this forum will need to google what hadith means.
in all honesty i haven't even studied it to this great length, i have merely covered the basics, i think. and im trying to practice the religion.
saying a single arabic word in a sentance does not mean you have studied the religion, you are only trying to appear as if you have studied it.
so yeah the point is, research before giving opinions, then your opinion will be valid.

just remember for all the rubbish we hear in the news we muslims have done a lot of good. have you noticed that prior to 9/11 we were the fastest growing religion. did u know thhat more money in the uk is donated to charity during ramadan, than any oter month.

unite. educate. prosper
Original post by kabolin

IF your going to judge a religion by what it teaches, you have to read and research the religion iin detail. then judge. and whilst researching go in with an open mind rather than already coming up with a conclusion prior to any research and looking for quotes which support your conclusion,

I think we all agree with this.

Original post by kabolin

i haven't even studied it to this great length, i have merely covered the basics, i think. and im trying to practice the religion.

it is a pity you don't practise what you preach, then. It would have been more sensible to research the religion thoroughly before becoming an adherent. You might be surprised when you get to the nasty bits in the Koran and find out a bit more about what it really means.
You're opinion.

This is a sentence.

Original post by kabolin
research before giving opinions, then your opinion will be valid.

Completely agree.

If someone makes a claim about islam, they have to back it up with more than a few out of context verses.
Reply 75
Your opinion.
Fair enough.
And Islam is merely your opinion as well. But an opinion that is contradicted by all the available evidence, whilst being supported by none.

I know which kind of opinion I prefer.
Original post by kabolin

just remember for all the rubbish we hear in the news we muslims have done a lot of good. have you noticed that prior to 9/11 we were the fastest growing religion. did u know thhat more money in the uk is donated to charity during ramadan, than any oter month.

unite. educate. prosper

This is what we are talking about. Not all muslims are evil, in fact most of them are good people. We should judge muslims individually. But islam is another story. The video has failed to distinguish between the two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QE2
Fair enough.
And Islam is merely your opinion as well. But an opinion that is contradicted by all the available evidence, whilst being supported by none.

I know which kind of opinion I prefer.

I think Longshot is actually a Christian.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I think Longshot is actually a Christian.

:youbetcha:
Original post by The_Internet
It could be turkey ham
Don't call people stupid , when you yourself don't know every thing. Tbh you come off worse for it.

Tbh anyone who claims to support both gay rights + feminism and traditional religion, is nothing more than a braindead moron who should be locked up for their own protection.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending