The Student Room Group

Would you rather be in a zombie or a vampire apocalypse?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by somesomebody
loool I thought you didn't know Spike..but I see :yy:
all I know is he had weird hair...

Agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Assuming the traditional vampire mythology holds up (garlic, sunlight and silver allergies, can't cross the threshold of private property without an invite, can't cross running water) then them - easier to prevent and the consequences of failure are a bit less unpleasant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lacesso
They're worth the wait. Easily the best seasons so far, IMO.

One of the makeup artists is the same guy who worked on the George A. Romero movies. They do look pretty great.

It involves cannibals in those series so not complaining.
Original post by Kholmes1
Is it worth watching? I am considering watching it because it has Sarah Wayne Callies in it. But she dies in season 3 apparently or season 2. So im not sure. Might watch prison break instead. Is twd any good?

It is amazing! Defo for you if you like gore and scary stuff :smile:
Original post by Ua3142
dont think there are any vampires on TWD m9

Hence why I mentioned zombies too m8
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Clearly vampires so that one would bite me and cause me to turn into one too.

Same thing can happen with zombies :tongue:
Reply 86
Zombies eat you. Vampires play with your neck. If you ask me Vampires are just kinky.
vampire pretty I'm sure I'd be got but at least as a a vampire you keep some sense of self not just a stumbling drooling husk of who you once were.
Reply 88
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Asking because I've just watched a few episodes of the Walking Dead and I am inspired :u:

whatever you watched (inspired or not) cannot be healthy ...
Original post by Blondie987
Zombies are slower and less annoying, walking dead beats twilight

to be fair watching paint dry beats twilight. There not even proper vampires now Buffy the Vampire Slayer those are proper vampires.
Original post by jonathanemptage
to be fair watching paint dry beats twilight. There not even proper vampires now Buffy the Vampire Slayer those are proper vampires.

Well fair enough
Original post by birdie95
It's Spike for me. God, those vampire cheekbones. :^_^:

Vampire Willow
Original post by TeeEm
whatever you watched (inspired or not) cannot be healthy ...

Beats Twilight and the Notebook :u:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Asking because I've just watched a few episodes of the Walking Dead and I am inspired :u:

Vampires are more interesting. At least they can make a use of their brain. And this dark theme..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Drewski
Zombies = constant 24/7 risk.
Vampires = only risk during hours of darkness and can be kept at bay perfectly well through judicious use of crosses, garlic and the fact that they're not allowed to enter your house.

Vampire apocalypse sounds a lot more livable.

Edit: I'm well aware of the futility of applying logic to such circumstances. Shush.

Incorrect, and here's why:

Zombies are shambling, unintelligent creatures that would eventually rot and quickly become a non threat.

Vampires on the other hand are inherently evil, highly intelligent, plague bearers that would keep you alive to torture and feed from you before killing you. Aside from their few weaknesses, they are immortal and thrive on the suffering of human kind.

A vampire apocalypse would be much worse for you lot. I would quickly become a vampire as soon as it became an option and lead an army of undead thralls against what remained of human civilization.

(edited 8 years ago)
Zombie.

I'd date a zombie girl. You know they want you for your brains -and- body, always let you know how they feel and are totally cool with just about anything.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Assuming the traditional vampire mythology holds up (garlic, sunlight and silver allergies, can't cross the threshold of private property without an invite, can't cross running water) then them - easier to prevent and the consequences of failure are a bit less unpleasant

Posted from TSR Mobile

No dude, a death from a vampire is not better than death by zombie. A zombie would kill you in only a few minutes. A vampire would take glee in torturing you and killing you in the slowest most creative ways possible.

The weaknesses you mentioned would not stop such an intelligent, cunning creature.
Vampire, because it's something new. Unless it'd be a Twilight-esque vampire apocalypse; in which case, forget it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kalclash
Incorrect, and here's why:

Zombies are shambling, unintelligent creatures that would eventually rot and quickly become a non threat.

Vampires on the other hand are inherently evil, highly intelligent, plague bearers that would keep you alive to torture and feed from you before killing you. Aside from their few weaknesses, they are immortal and thrive on the suffering of human kind.

A vampire apocalypse would be much worse for you lot. I would quickly become a vampire as soon as it became an option and lead an army of undead thralls against what remained of human civilization.

Says who? Plenty of pop culture has zombies with near super human strength and speed. The prospect of that threat 24/7 for infinity is unnerving.

Vampires, no matter how cunning, are flummoxed by daylight. And crosses. And aren't allowed to enter your home unless you invite them. I fail to see the threat.
Original post by Drewski
Says who? Plenty of pop culture has zombies with near super human strength and speed. The prospect of that threat 24/7 for infinity is unnerving.

Vampires, no matter how cunning, are flummoxed by daylight. And crosses. And aren't allowed to enter your home unless you invite them. I fail to see the threat.

Vampires don't like crosses or any other religious symbol but they are not repelled by them.

The traditional zombie does not have super strength or speed, and in reality wouldn't. They would quickly decay and the threat would neutralize itself over time.

Vampires can create thralls that are almost zombie like in their behavior.

Death by vampire would make you wish for a nice quick zombie related death.

Quick Reply

Latest