The Student Room Group

I feel awful and just need to rant to myself

I don't know where to put this as it seems to go under a few topics idk

As per title, I just feel pretty terrible right now, and I feel like it'll help to get it all out there - a problem shared and all that

First, I'm ill, so I feel physically ****

Second, I'm emotionally falling to pieces, as I've started to fall in love with my ex-girlfriend (bad idea, I know) whom I'd moved on from, even though I asked someone else out recently (more through peer-pressure than anything else) so I'll have to end this new relationship before something bad happens...

doesn't help that I was at my friend's birthday party at the weekend and his relationship is so perfect that it just made me sad...

Finally there's all the ****ing schoolwork I'm behind on, with like 6 or 7 topics in maths/fm that I'm struggling to comprehend even though we're still going with new stuff

gawd I need some emotional support here

sorry for the rant

alexion out

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alexion

As per title, I just feel pretty terrible right now, and I feel like it'll help to get it all out there - a problem shared and all that

Second, I'm emotionally falling to pieces, as I've started to fall in love with my ex-girlfriend (bad idea, I know) whom I'd moved on from, even though I asked someone else out recently (more through peer-pressure than anything else) so I'll have to end this new relationship before something bad happens...

doesn't help that I was at my friend's birthday party at the weekend and his relationship is so perfect that it just made me sad...

Finally there's all the ****ing schoolwork I'm behind on, with like 6 or 7 topics in maths/fm that I'm struggling to comprehend even though we're still going with new stuff

sorry for the rant

alexion out

:jumphug:
If in doubt post in chat :wink:

End the relationship soon since I don't think anyone was too physically attached too soon.
I felt the same about certain things with friends and their so called perfect life...but hey ho, everyone is different.

And well you need to get down and dirty with that maths boy! Just do it...
I dunno the more you postpone it the worse it will get :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you're feeling that way Alexion, the illness will pass though, I'm sure you're smart enough to do well on you're exams and I hope you work out your relationship with your ex :h:
Original post by Alexion

sorry for the rant

alexion out

Its okay to feel like this! Everybody experiences this every now and then. As with your friends relationship, don't worry about that. Remember that the perfect someone will come into your life soon. As with the girl situation, I think its best to tell them both that you need to focus on your studies and get the grades you need. Possibly tell them that you are falling behind and you don't have the time to be with them? Sounds harsh, yes - but they're bound to understand.

I'm sorry about what's going on. Just take some time off today and relax. Try to stop stessing. Hope this pic helps:

:jumphug:
Reply 4
Original post by ravioliyears
^

smh at me crying over this :') thx :hugs:

In terms of what to tell them, that's what I've already told my ex - she seems fairly accepting of that but I can't help but want to be with her anyway...

The new rship hasn't gone very far so I think she'll understand too, hopefully... easier than explaining "sorry, I'm in love with someone else" :closedeyes:

But seriously thx for the words, I always seem to be needing help and you're always there with a kind word to make me smile again :hugs:
The old saying "If you're going through hell, keep going" comes to mind, things can only get better mate :smile: Stay strong brosef.
Original post by Alexion
smh at me crying over this :':wink: thx :hugs:

In terms of what to tell them, that's what I've already told my ex - she seems fairly accepting of that but I can't help but want to be with her anyway...

The new rship hasn't gone very far so I think she'll understand too, hopefully... easier than explaining "sorry, I'm in love with someone else" :closedeyes:

But seriously thx for the words, I always seem to be needing help and you're always there with a kind word to make me smile again :hugs:

It's okay, I'm glad I was able to help Alex. If you ever want to talk, PM me :smile: x
Original post by WoodyMKC
The old saying "If you're going through hell, keep going" comes to mind, things can only get better mate :smile: Stay strong brosef.

What happens when you reach the end of hell though?
:console: with Maths things can seem stressful if there are a load of topics that you don't understand. The best thing to do is to keep a cool head, pick the easiest topic and work through it from start to finish in the textbook and you should get there, with aid of the internet if you wish.

And for falling back in love with your ex - been there, done that. Just keep fighting it and saying no and it will disappear over time. :console: (and being in contact doesn't help)
This, too, shall pass.
Reply 10
Bad idea? LOL
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

You dig down

It gets hotter and hotter

You're at the Earth's core

It's hell

You keep digging

It gets cooler

You keep digging

You break the surface of the Earth.

Hey, you're in Australia now ^_^
It's okay Alexion, life is a biatch :frown: But you have to keep looking forward! Focus on yourself and feeling better and things will start to improve.

Hold on in there dear friend :five:

You come to a beautiful garden with lovely green grass, flowers, little bunny rabbits and a waterfall made of beer :biggrin:
Original post by Student403
You dig down

It gets hotter and hotter

You're at the Earth's core

It's hell

You keep digging

It gets cooler

You keep digging

You break the surface of the Earth.

Hey, you're in Australia now ^_^

I think you're lying to me :colonhash: Because at this point, I would have melted already :frown:
I think you're lying to me :colonhash: Because at this point, I would have melted already :frown:

Forgot to add

Disclaimer: Only works for deadpools like me who regenerate their bodies :dontknow:
Original post by WoodyMKC
You come to a beautiful garden with lovely green grass, flowers, little bunny rabbits and a waterfall made of beer :biggrin:

Lol in your imaginary garden maybe :smug:

My garden is filled with wet little hedgehogs waddling about :h:

Spoiler

Cheer yourself up by listening to some Hatsune Miku- I've been doing that a LOT recently, and it helps but so does ranting; in conclusion, stay strong bud :hugs:

(Ik im the most demotivating person ever)
Original post by Student403
Forgot to add

Disclaimer: Only works for deadpools like me who regenerate their bodies :dontknow:

Thank you, that was very helpful. So basically what you're saying is, when I'm in hell and I decide to "keep going" I end up melting away. Interesting :redface:

Thank you :h:
Thank you, that was very helpful. So basically what you're saying is, when I'm in hell and I decide to "keep going" I end up melting away. Interesting :redface:

Thank you :h:

Well for non-deadpool peasants, yes :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest