The Student Room Group

Henrietta Barnett Sixth Form - What's it like?

I recently got a conditional offer from HBS at their sixth form and today I went to see the school. If you go there for sixth form - what's it like? Everyone said the girls there are really snobby but I went there today and the Year 12s were so so kind and sweet. Also, if you go to the HBS sixth form, and you went to a different high school, how did you find the transition? Is it weird being at a single sex school?

I really can't decide whether or not to go so any opinions would be appreciated. But if you don't go there, please don't reply with stuff like "why would you wanna go there" etc because I've seen that in many posts on TSR and I actually want to know what it's like there from someone who actually goes there.
Reply 1
I agree! I loved it at Henrietta and the staff seemed nice as well as the students. I had heard from people in my school that the students weren't nice but I know a lot of people who have gone there and enjoyed it! I liked the feel of the school and the loft! Everyone seemed normal and not snobby or stuck up because they go to a good school. I also heard that all the girls are rich and I know a lot of people who go to Henrietta that are from my area, and it's not particularly posh!

What I've learnt from this experience is not to listen to everyone because I really liked it. Don't be put off of applying next year!!!
I also got a conditional offer. If I hit my predicted grades I will definitely go! Would be intersting to hear from current students though...
Reply 3
Original post by Nicsy
I agree! I loved it at Henrietta and the staff seemed nice as well as the students. I had heard from people in my school that the students weren't nice but I know a lot of people who have gone there and enjoyed it! I liked the feel of the school and the loft! Everyone seemed normal and not snobby or stuck up because they go to a good school. I also heard that all the girls are rich and I know a lot of people who go to Henrietta that are from my area, and it's not particularly posh!

What I've learnt from this experience is not to listen to everyone because I really liked it. Don't be put off of applying next year!!!

Exactly, everyone told me it would be horrible and that the girls there were snobby but it was so lovely when I went to the tour thing.
Original post by mxgx
Exactly, everyone told me it would be horrible and that the girls there were snobby but it was so lovely when I went to the tour thing.

Yes, it looked really nice and everyone was friendly.
Reply 5
I hope the girls live up to being nice! I know a girl called Imani who used to go there as she has youtube channel called ImaniShola. You could contact her via youtube about it. She also goes to Cambridge so you can ask her about that!

Latest