The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Al9121010
Hmm, I thought Durham stated on their website that no minimum score is required for the multiple choice part of the LNAT

Wait.. I got offered a place at Durham with a score of 22. My essay was was pretty good though :smile:
I believe Durham tend to focus more on the personal statement and work experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm, I thought Durham stated on their website that no minimum score is required for the multiple choice part of the LNAT

I think they went through the initial pool and made decisions on the people they were really sure about and now they're trying to sort through the remaining people by narrowing and heightening criteria
Original post by Bobkata
Wait.. I got offered a place at Durham with a score of 22. My essay was was pretty good though :smile:
I believe Durham tend to focus more on the personal statement and work experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mind sharing what you wrote for work experience? >.<
Do you mind sharing what you wrote for work experience? >.<

Well, I spent a few months visiting a barrister in my country who showed me the basics of contract law and some other areas of law as well. He took me a few times to court and gave me the chance to witness his work. I was helping him with drafting some documents and he was explaining everything he was doing in detail :smile:
I was also an intern at a firm that protects air passangers' rights. I was writig and publishing articles and had to read aviation law in depth :smile:
I also had some extracurricular activities like debating.
I believe universities want to see your dedication because they know how bad everyone here wants to study law at a top place. Unfortunately, that's not enough. You need to have achived something like winning or taking part in serious competitions. This is a chance to prove yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CJaneH
If the reputation of the uni and employability after graduation is more important then LSE, although Bristol is still good for both. If the uni experience as a whole is more important, then Bristol will probably offer a better 'student life'. I was debating KCL over Nottingham until recently, until someone mentioned that studying in London could potentially feel like going to work every day, due to how different London 'campuses' are to other uni's. Hope this helps :smile:

After visiting London again and wandering round campus having a chat with students, decision is finally made.
Firmed LSE and Bristol is insurance.😀Can't go wrong with either.
Original post by SebastianCanuck
How'd you find the international average?? I have a 26

I'm Italian and I got into Durham with 26 in the LNAT. I have maximum predicted grades and the offer was of 95%
Original post by Unihelp007
Anyone else still waiting on Nottingham?!

Yupp!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by baconwoo
no the actual score

They gave you feedback in the rejection email or did you contact them separately? I didn't get any at all in my rejection email, but want to know which part of my application wasn't suitable for them.

I'm pretty sure I saw on here somewhere that an international student with a 23/24 LNAT score get accepted on here... It baffles me that they cited that as the reason for you.

It seems to me that they're less stringent with international students.
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone else waiting for feedback on their rejection from Bristol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Velvetgh0st

Most Unis will understandably be concentrating on getting final offers at the moment - you can hardly expect your request for feedback on a rejection to be their priority......
Original post by stratagems

It seems to me that they're less stringent with international students.

They are not governed by any student targets and they represented serious ££. Of course Unis will treat them differently.
Hi, I've got offers for Law with Politics at:
University of Manchester (AAB)
University of Leicester (Unconditional)
and 2 others idc about
and Law with Legislative studies at Hull (320 UCAS pts)
Original post by returnmigrant
Most Unis will understandably be concentrating on getting final offers at the moment - you can hardly expect your request for feedback on a rejection to be their priority......

Is there any need to be so condescending? As their rejection email offered that they would answer queries on feedback then understandably other people have probably asked too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there any need to be so condescending? As their rejection email offered that they would answer queries on feedback then understandably other people have probably asked too

Posted from TSR Mobile

It may take a while (alive heard someone waiting for two weeks) but they will get back to.you, so keep on tight.

The most common reason is, probably, "too many good applicants", which is mostly generic and is used to avoid giving elaborate feedback.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jayeshp
has anyone got an offer from Uni of Nottingham recently for Law? seems like I've been waiting forever for what I know is going to be a rejection

I'm still waiting and in the same boat! Why are you convinced that you're facing a rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have been rejected from Bristol also and would like some feedback, could you explain to me how you requested feedback?
Reply 3616
Anyone else still waiting on an offer/rejection from UCL?
Is 7A*s still considered good for law at Oxford even though that's the average for my school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3618
I have firmed my offer from Sheffield for law :smile:
I'm waiting for feedback on my LSE M100 Law rejection but I guess it was due to my performance in UGAA as I had to sit one due to me being a mature student doing Access to HE.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending