The Student Room Group

I'm an asexual girl - AMA

As the title says. I'm 17, female, and asexual. AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
x

:wavey:
What did you have for breakfast? :holmes:
Can lawmakers enact legislation for any purpose “in the public interest,” or are they limited to those functions for which they’ve been delegated specific powers?
Seagal or Norris ?
When did you start identifying yourself as asexual?

Do you think it's possible for it to change as you get older?
How do you deal with ppl calling this BS? Arguing that either
- your body is lacking sth (not well developed biological pathways? Low level sex drive? Some sexual disorder?)
- your mind had a sexual blockage? Past trauma?
- you're not ready yet/as in still young etc
Reply 6
Original post by iEthan
:wavey:
What did you have for breakfast? :holmes:

Waffles and syrup. was good :smile:
How does sex feel like?
Reply 8
Original post by the bear
Seagal or Norris ?

I don't know much about either but I'll say seagal cause he has a cool name
I don't know much about either but I'll say seagal cause he has a cool name

is the right answer !!

Original post by NicoleArbour
Asexuals don't exist lol

They do exists, I'm one of them (27 now so not a possible delusional or confused teenager/child) and I know plenty of them. I'm tired of people not believing in asexualism.

When people come out as gay/les/bi/trans they get applauded and treated as heroes while if sb states to be asexual, it's claimed it's not true or that we are still confused about our sexuality. It's quite insulting, you would never say that to gay/les/bi/trans person...

Talk about tolerance...
Original post by SeanFM
When did you start identifying yourself as asexual?

Do you think it's possible for it to change as you get older?

Just over a year ago, but I knew I was not hetero before that, I just didn't have a name for it
I think sexuality is fluid to some extent, but personally I don't think it'll change for me
Original post by mightybis0n
'muh special snowflake'

asexuals are a minority in the population, I'm just giving people a chance to ask anything they like
How do you deal with ppl calling this BS? Arguing that either
- your body is lacking sth (not well developed biological pathways? Low level sex drive? Some sexual disorder?)
- your mind had a sexual blockage? Past trauma?
- you're not ready yet/as in still young etc

Well first, I'll try and educate them on the subject if it's just a concept which they don't understand/have never heard of befre. If they're being deliberately rude, ignore!
- I've been to the doctor, blood tests, the lot. My body is working fine
- Nope never had any traumatic experience touch wod
- I've felt this way for as long as I can remember, and I've done the whole puberty thing. Not an age issue
Original post by A$aprocky
How does sex feel like?

no idea, I'm a virgin. But I imagine it's kind of awkward and warm and sticky. Fairly unpleasant overall
They do exists, I'm one of them (27 now so not a possible delusional or confused teenager/child) and I know plenty of them. I'm tired of people not believing in asexualism.

When people come out as gay/les/bi/trans they get applauded and treated as heroes while if sb states to be asexual, it's claimed it's not true or that we are still confused about our sexuality. It's quite insulting, you would never say that to gay/les/bi/trans person...

Talk about tolerance...

Hey! I believe that gay and straight people exist. None of this asexual, bisexual, transsexual and demisexual business. People put labels on everything, things that don't even exist. It's a phase, you'll grow out of it, maybe see a doctor for your low sex drive.
Asexuals don't exist lol

Why do you say that? I'm genuinely interested in your thinking process behind that statement.
Do you think that you will be asexual for the rest of your life or do you think it's just a phase? I mean you are just 17 years old.
Hey! I believe that gay and straight people exist. None of this asexual, bisexual, transsexual and demisexual business. People put labels on everything, things that don't even exist. It's a phase, you'll grow out of it, maybe see a doctor for your low sex drive.

I suppose it's a difficult thing to understand if you don't feel that way. Basically, between 100% gay and 100% straight you have lots of identities, like bisexual which is just sexual attraction to both males and females.
It's not a phase, personally I've felt asexual for as long as I can remember. I have seen a doctor and it's not a chemical imbalance.
What's asexual?

Quick Reply

Latest