The Student Room Group

Revision too slow

Hello g's

Got my science exams in about 2 months or so and been trying to work my way through the book by rewriting each page out but it's taking way too long (about 30 mins per page). Any tips on speeding up the process or if I should just stop overall and try something else?

Will make flashcards + do practice exam papers afterwards but really need to learn all the material first as I haven't learnt anything this year.
Which exam board are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Hambi123
Which exam board are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA Science A
Original post by Josh Lyman
AQA Science A

thats me rn thinking and doing the same thing, the trick is to not write neatly and write more repeatedly to acc get the concept of it in your head
I'm doing Edexcel which isn't long. I could finish a whole topic in a day. There's 2 booklets and for biology there's 6 topics, chemistry 10 and physics 12 topics but Edexcel are harsh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you have not learnt it by now you might as well give up.... 30 mins a page.. are you a potato?
Try and understand what you're writing. The things you know already leave it and do something you're struggling on. Something that would get you a grade higher

Posted from TSR Mobile
how long does it take you to write a page? And actually memorise it? (Josh Lyman)
(edited 8 years ago)
What I do is, I write a whole topic out and I read over it, then I go onto another topic and I read over it. Wherever I go I just read over it and it will help you because it will stick in your head

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by malaikaxx
how long does it take you to write a page? And actually memorise it?

I know it forever after I write it pretty much but I'm just taking too long writing it all.
(edited 8 years ago)
mygcsescience helped me so much....check it out
Typing... way faster than writing
Original post by caitlinford3
Typing... way faster than writing

True, but yet proven to be ineffective for long term memory. As suggested above, just focus on topics you're finding most difficult and work downwards
Write down the important stuff, rather than everything in such a way that using the important stuff you have written down you should be able to link it all together in an exam
Hello g's

Got my science exams in about 2 months or so and been trying to work my way through the book by rewriting each page out but it's taking way too long (about 30 mins per page). Any tips on speeding up the process or if I should just stop overall and try something else?

Will make flashcards + do practice exam papers afterwards but really need to learn all the material first as I haven't learnt anything this year.

for physics ISA 1 have you done part 2? the exam after practical?
Reply 15
Original post by ZOM Dackman
If you have not learnt it by now you might as well give up.... 30 mins a page.. are you a potato?

:zomg:
I was highly unmotivated to write my revision notes for GCSE but I managed to do it. This year I have much more motivation to do it. I usually do it in the evenings as that is my least productive time of the day (this means I can simply memorise stuff the rest of the day) but I always have an episode of my favourite tv show on. This helps me from becoming bored and just abandoning my note writing altogether.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello g's

make notes from mygcsescience. he has all unit 1 for free everything else is here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqqi-hHChC9qREiGtwTdZow/playlists

he covers everything and ive heard people use him for home school. he covers everything and indicates what is for higher tier so you should be able to skim science with him
Original post by malaikaxx
for physics ISA 1 have you done part 2? the exam after practical?

Two months exactly from today, have done the three ISAs already.
Original post by studyblr_mr
I was highly unmotivated to write my revision notes for GCSE but I managed to do it. This year I have much more motivation to do it. I usually do it in the evenings as that is my least productive time of the day (this means I can simply memorise stuff the rest of the day) but I always have an episode of my favourite tv show on. This helps me from becoming bored and just abandoning my note writing altogether.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will try that tomorrow, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest