The Student Room Group

Belgium attacks: Yet again, just the standard response and no action

Scroll to see replies

Excelent commentary and spot on.

already begun with "what about turkey???" And talks about how the real victims are the muslims , and how even linking isis with islam is "what the terrorist want"
The terrorists want to divide us

The last response they want is love!

Love trumps hate!

You can't bomb an ideology. But you can show its followers unconditional love. Love is the greatest weapon against terror!

Love muslims, and they will love you back!

Peace <3
Original post by Multiculturalism
The terrorists want to divide us

The last response they want is love!

Love trumps hate!

You can't bomb an ideology. But you can show its followers unconditional love. Love is the greatest weapon against terror!

Love muslims, and they will love you back!

Peace <3

I can't tell if this is sarcasm?
Original post by AlwaysWatching
I can't tell if this is sarcasm?

I am not being sarcastic

Most terrorists are simply children who grew up without enough love

The best weapon against them is unconditional love! Love them, they will love you, and there will be peace.

Right wing politics is divisive, and caused this Islam vs Others mentality. Strength through unity!

Peace <3
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Excelent commentary and spot on.

already begun with "what about turkey???" And talks about how the real victims are the muslims , and how even linking isis with islam is "what the terrorist want"

To quote a facebook comment:

I've seen the usual regressives out in force trying to pin the blame on the West. Obviously unaware that Belgium had no involvement in Iraq. Here's a quote for these self-flagellating reprobates. "It's a bit much to be told that these Al Qaeda chaps, these killers and sadists and nihilists and producers of indiscriminate explosions, wouldn't be this way if we weren't so mean to them. Well that's easy then. Leave them (the Taliban) in control of Afghanistan. Don't mess around with these people. Don't make them angry. Don't make them mean. It's your fault. Now this is masochism. But it's being offered to you by sadists."Christopher Hitchens
Original post by Multiculturalism
I am not being sarcastic

Most terrorists are simply children who grew up without enough love

Obvious troll is obvious.
Started off interesting but he was stating the obious then got dull. Tbf he did make his views known, but causes he was wonky on and no solutions.
Tl;dr

What do you suppose we do then, Einstein?
Obvious troll is obvious.

You shouldn't call others trolls just because you disagree with them

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings
To quote a facebook comment:

I've seen the usual regressives out in force trying to pin the blame on the West. Obviously unaware that Belgium had no involvement in Iraq. Here's a quote for these self-flagellating reprobates. "It's a bit much to be told that these Al Qaeda chaps, these killers and sadists and nihilists and producers of indiscriminate explosions, wouldn't be this way if we weren't so mean to them. Well that's easy then. Leave them (the Taliban) in control of Afghanistan. Don't mess around with these people. Don't make them angry. Don't make them mean. It's your fault. Now this is masochism. But it's being offered to you by sadists."Christopher Hitchens

Belgium also produces more "home grown" Jahadis than other countries for some reason.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Wavefunction
Tl;dr

What do you suppose we do then, Einstein?

Why ask me a question, saying TL;DR when the answer is in the article? - Read the article then? Douglas Murray has also answered this in other works and speeches.
(edited 8 years ago)
Why ask me a question, saying TL;DR when the answer is in the article? - Read the article then? Douglas Murray has also answered this in other works and speeches.

Cuz bantz m9
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Belgium also produces more "home grown" Jahadis than other countries for some reason.

Worth a read:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/03/europe-islamism-and-some-uncomfortable-home-truths/
The other regressive response is to use these ISIS attacks as a reason to leave the EU and be hostile and to be essentially xenophobic to perceived outsiders.
Reply 15
Muslims have gone too far this time, we should follow trumps advice and have cameras and surveillance in mosques. Muslims will never stop blowing us up and gunning us down therefore we have to take action.

Well, I did read the article and the author didn't propose any solution at all.

So what's the solution?

Yeah I would agree with that article.

"For all the goodwill shown by the vast majority of people in Europe, Muslim and non-Muslim, and for all those things that shouldn’t have to be said that most Muslims hate this monstrosity these statistics correlate to terrorism risk. "

These attacks are religiously motivated and that religion is Islam. This they aren't real Muslims stuff is nonsense but I am not going to complain if other Muslims want to use that as a way that allows them to distance themselves from these terrorists and condemn them. Another regressive response is to pit this as a xenophobic aggression between Allot us and Muslim/refugees/immigrants etc. It needs to be anyone that respects and adheres to basic values we have in the west (which can include Muslims) vs these terrorists with their medieval outlook. We can do that at the time as acknowledging the "unconformable home truths".
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Judas69
Muslims have gone too far this time, we should follow trumps advice and have cameras and surveillance in mosques. Muslims will never stop blowing us up and gunning us down therefore we have to take action.

oh it is taking every shred of decency for me to reply semi-politely………. Let's put cameras everywhere! A couple in public toilets, in our houses and bedrooms too!!!! In fact, why not get a professional film crew to follow around every Muslim on some crass belief that they just might be a terrorist!!! Whilst we're at it, we could generalise every single Muslim, because that's the best way to do things isn't it!!!!!!!!

Don't be ridiculous. Attitudes like this are part of the problem and it's exactly what so-called Islamic State would want.
Original post by e aí rapaz
Well, I did read the article and the author didn't propose any solution at all.

So what's the solution?

The solution is to first identify, correctly, the problem. The problem is Islamism. The problem is Islam. The problem is that integration between two polar opposite cultures does not work. The solution is assimilate to western values, and drop their religion in the way many Christians have been pacified in this country, or face deportation. Muslims need to reform their religion and undergo a 'renaissance' and 'enlightenment' period.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending