The Student Room Group

Just what does ISIS want us to do? We're fed up of their attacks !

When is this gonna stop. We've had enough of them attacking us. They are winning.
In just 12 months over 60 people murdererd in Tunisia in 2 separate attacks, Charlie Hebdo attacked, Paris attacked, Russian metro jet blown up. Now Brussels attacked.

Just what the hell do they want from us? They've taken over most of Iraq and Syria, Libya and Tunisia. What does it take for them to cease fire and stop? Whatever it takes is a price worth winning if they stop attacking us.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Your posts are really silly.
1 Unlikely to stop until someone decideds to take all their territory of them and even then they become a guerilla army.
2. they are not winning, so do shut up with all your defeatist nonsense its boring. You were trying to sat Russia had lost when that was far from the truth.
3 12 months 60 people were murdered? that many people die every 10 days on UK roads. On the first day of the Somme.the britsih alone lost 60,0000 killed. Dont be so spineless. Is terrorism, the idea is to create terror with minimum effort.

They havent taken over most of Iraq and Syria, they have been losing territory, another lie you try and perpetuate.
They arent interested in a cease fire.

Syop being such a surrender monkey and ISIS cheer boy by posting all these defeatist threads. At least try and post the truth.
Original post by Ambitious1999
When is this gonna stop. We've had enough of them attacking us. They are winning.
In just 12 months over 60 people murdererd in Tunisia in 2 separate attacks, Charlie Hebdo attacked, Paris attacked, Russian metro jet blown up. Now Brussels attacked.

Just what the hell do they want from us? They've taken over most of Iraq and Syria, Libya and Tunisia. What does it take for them to cease fire and stop? Whatever it takes is a price worth winning if they stop attacking us.

They're not winning, we are. We have lost 60 people tragically murdered, ISIS has lost 27,000 fighters. They have lost significant amounts of territory, they have had to halve their fighters' salaries due to the massive pressure put on them by Western air attacks.

ISIS will never stop attacking us while they have the capability to do so, it would be a huge mistake to appease them and allow them to remain in control of territory that could be used to mount future attacks against us. Whilst we continue to support our friends in the Middle East like Israel, Jordan and Egypt, they will continue to view us as enemies.

It would also be hugely immoral to betray our friends the Kurds. I'm afraid we just need to bear down and stick with the current strategy which is working. It is of course tragic when any of our citizens lose their lives. But Britain took 57,000 casualties in just one day on the first day of the Battle of the Somme. We lost 700,000 in World War 1.

A few dozens of losses is tragic, but not a good reason to simply surrender as you propose. It would be immoral, and positively dangerous as we can see from the example of Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan and the subsequent 9/11 attacks how bad it can be to allow a dangerous, fanatical Islamist group to create for themselves a safe haven from which they can launch attacks against us
Original post by 999tigger
1 Unlikely to stop until someone decideds to take all their territory of them and even then they become a guerilla army.
2. they are not winning, so do shut up with all your defeatist nonsense its boring. You were trying to sat Russia had lost when that was far from the truth.
3 12 months 60 people were murdered? that many people die every 10 days on UK roads. On the first day of the Somme.the britsih alone lost 60,0000 killed. Dont be so spineless. Is terrorism, the idea is to create terror with minimum effort.

They havent taken over most of Iraq and Syria, they have been losing territory, another lie you try and perpetuate.

Syop being such a surrender monkey and ISIS cheer boy by posting all these defeatist threads. At least try and post the truth.

Okay, despite sounding defeatist, i think OP is right in stressing the deaths. No matter the quantity of deaths, lives were lost, and that matters. So, i think you should cut some slack.
On the first day of the Somme.the britsih alone lost 60,0000 killed. Dont be so spineless.

Excellent post, and I didn't even see yours when I wrote mine and mentioned the first day of the Somme. Interesting that we both came to the same conclusion and mentioned the same example.

His proposal for appeasement really is quite pathetic, I wonder if he's an ISIS propagandist?
Reply 5
They want a Muslim Caliphate.
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Okay, despite sounding defeatist, i think OP is right in stressing the deaths. No matter the quantity of deaths, lives were lost, and that matters. So, i think you should cut some slack.

And what of the deaths of Yezidis, Kurds and others which would result from us pulling out all the support to them and ceasing our airstrikes against ISIS? If we allow ISIS to regain its strength, they will have the chance to complete the genocide they started.

Any deaths of our citizens are tragic, but the right response is to go after the perpetrators and liquidate them, not hyperventilate and start shrieking with fear. We are winning this battle, we have clipped 27,000 of their fighters for about 60 losses of our own. The strategy is working, we just need the patience to see it through

Any loss of life is unfortunate and devastating for the people involved. the point is at what point do you let terrorists win and give in?

My point is to preserve its freedom this country has stood up to bullies before and sacrificed many more lives in order to retain its way of life. A price people have been prepared to pay.

the idea that the west or the UK would give in to terrorists is ludicrous, they are just some islamic fanatics who wnat to change peoples way of lives and put people into slavery and prostitution. Some time sooner or late the west and the rest of the world will have had enough and they will go in and defeat them in a conflict.

Cut him some slack? no because im bored of these repeated threads of his which contain lies about what is happening in the conflict.
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
And what of the deaths of Yezidis, Kurds and others which would result from us pulling out all the support to them and ceasing our airstrikes against ISIS? If we allow ISIS to regain its strength, they will have the chance to complete the genocide they started.

Any deaths of our citizens are tragic, but the right response is to go after the perpetrators and liquidate them, not hyperventilate and start shrieking with fear. We are winning this battle, we have clipped 27,000 of their fighters for about 60 losses of our own. The strategy is working, we just need the patience to see it through

Any loss of life is unfortunate and devastating for the people involved. the point is at what point do you let terrorists win and give in?My point is to preserve its freedom this country has stood up to bullies before and sacrificed many more lives in order to retain its way of life. A price people have been prepared to pay.the idea that the west or the UK would give in to terrorists is ludicrous, they are just some islamic fanatics who wnat to change peoples way of lives and put people into slavery and prostitution. Some time sooner or late the west and the rest of the world will have had enough and they will go in and defeat them in a conflict.Cut him some slack? no because im bored of these repeated threads of his which contain lies about what is happening in the conflict.

I didn't say we should surrender. I just understand the upset the OP felt.
ISIS are losing territory in both Iraq and Syria, and they do not control "most" of any of those countries. In Iraq their territory is mostly in the north around Mosul, and some parts of Anbar province to the west of Baghdad. In Syria they control much of the east, including most of the Euphrates river and the towns along it, but they don't have much of a presence in western Syria which is where most of the major cities are and where the majority of the Syrian population lives. They haven't had a major victory in either country for nearly a year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:s-smilie:yrian_and_Iraqi_insurgency_detailed_map

In Libya they have expanded a bit, but the area they control is still a small % of Libya's land area around Sirte and some other towns down the coast. I haven't heard of them controlling any territory in Tunisia.
Well with your attitude, they are winning. They want us to fear them and you seem afraid. It sucks and its sad that innocent people died but innocent people die everyday :frown:
I didn't say we should surrender. I just understand the upset the OP felt.

Im bored of his defeatist and false posts,

I might understand why the OP is upset if it wasnt for all the additional untruths he posts, I am suspicious of his intetions when he starts these sort of threads.
:rofl: at the title

Original post by RF_PineMarten
ISIS are losing territory in both Iraq and Syria, and they do not control "most" of any of those countries. In Iraq their territory is mostly in the north around Mosul, and some parts of Anbar province to the west of Baghdad. In Syria they control much of the east, including most of the Euphrates river and the towns along it, but they don't have much of a presence in western Syria which is where most of the major cities are and where the majority of the Syrian population lives. They haven't had a major victory in either country for nearly a year.

All excellent points. ISIS hasn't had a successful offensive for 9 months now, and the taking of Ramadi was only possible because of a huge sandstorm that grounded Western aircraft. It's impossible for ISIS to gather together large numbers of vehicles necessary to go on the offensive without attracting the attention of the Western air forces which then engage and destroy those vehicles.

We've managed to fight against the ISIS threat without putting large numbers of our own troops at risk, and maintaining broad support for the operation both here and around the world. Comparatively, it doesn't cost us a lot of money to fight ISIS, but it is vital for our national security that we do so.

Everything the hard left claimed about the intervention against ISIS has turned out to be wrong. They claimed there would be huge numbers of civilian casualties, they were wrong. They claimed it would make no difference to the outcome on the ground, they were wrong. They claimed we would get sucked in and have to put large numbers of ground troops in, they were wrong. The strategy we have is a good one; it's shrewd. But it requires patience. We need to have that patience, because it's working
What does it take for them to cease fire and stop?

Brave soldiers.

Makes you wonder if it's become easier to be a terrorist.
Im bored of his defeatist and false posts,

I might understand why the OP is upset if it wasnt for all the additional untruths he posts, I am suspicious of his intetions when he starts these sort of threads.

Ok fair enough I will provide links to back up my argument.

This is a live map of the situation in Syria and Iraq.

http://isis.liveuamap.com/en/2016/22-march-isis-burns-tobacco-in-deir-zor

You can zoom in and explore areas of the map look at current stories.

1) Dark grey are ISIS territory/ terror cells. Some are very close to Damascus as you can see. The black symbols indicate ISIS victories.
2) Red are regime controlled areas
3) Yellow are Kurdish territories
4) Green are Federal Syrian army territories (FSA) also including Al Nusra front.

There are also ISIS in Libya suggesting transfer of troops via IS navy.

Here is a link of ISIS ambitions as seen in the Express:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/597254/ISIS-Map-Europe-Terror-Organisation-Andrew-Hosken-Caliphate-Abu-Musab-al-Zarqawi

As for Russia It seems mighty strange they should pull out of Syria so suddenly. When we left Afghanistan and Iraq we set a date. Putin just left with out warning. Suggests he had been spooked or Russian intelligence detected something. This is speculation.

The only way is to negotiate short of a global coalition against IS.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ok fair enough I will provide links to back up my argument.

This is a live map of the situation in Syria and Iraq.

http://isis.liveuamap.com/en/2016/22-march-isis-burns-tobacco-in-deir-zor

You can zoom in and explore areas of the map look at current stories.

1) Dark grey are ISIS territory/ terror cells. Some are very close to Damascus as you can see. The black symbols indicate ISIS victories.
2) Red are regime controlled areas
3) Yellow are Kurdish territories
4) Green are Federal Syrian army territories (FSA) also including Al Nusra front.

There are also ISIS in Libya suggesting transfer of troops via IS navy.

As for Russia It seems mighty strange they should pull out of Syria so suddenly. When we left Afghanistan and Iraq we set a date. Putin just left with out warning. Suggests he had been spooked or Russian intelligence detected something. This is speculation.

So thats a map provided by who? ISIS?
We have already been through the ISIS defeating Russia on one of your other stupid threads. If you read the quality papers and follow the news then you would understand what the situation with Russia is, but that appears to be beyond you. carry on talking ISIS up though.
LOL you used the Express as your link. So what. theyd like to have a worldwide caliphate, big deal, what they want and what they get will be different things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending