The Student Room Group

Age Query

I've emailed the institution asking them to clarify.

I emailed them with some general queries and at the end of the email got the reply, "You also must be at least 21 years old to apply for the MA course."

Do you guys think this mean 21 at the time of application or enrolment. It took a while for them get back to me last time and the deadline is approaching, it costs money to apply and I don't want to waste my time if I'm too young.

Thanks.
Original post by TheStudent17

Enrolment
If they are stating 'over 21' (which they have a total right to do) it is probably because they don't want students who have gone school-Uni-postgraduate with no experience of real life/employment etc.

If the phrasing of the statement isnt clear then email the Uni and check.
Reply 3
Original post by TheStudent17
I've emailed the institution asking them to clarify.

I emailed them with some general queries and at the end of the email got the reply, "You also must be at least 21 years old to apply for the MA course."

Do you guys think this mean 21 at the time of application or enrolment. It took a while for them get back to me last time and the deadline is approaching, it costs money to apply and I don't want to waste my time if I'm too young.

Thanks.

It says "apply" not "enrol". I'd take that to mean that if you're about to submit an application and you aren't 21, then you're ineligible.

Best to check with the uni - phone, don't email, and you could get an immediate response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending