The Student Room Group

I found my passion in Maths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shimmeringsofya
You seem to be really smart!!!:biggrin:

You're mistaken. What subjects do you study ?

And thank you for raising such a good issue about Maths&Career Opportunities

Yeah I really enjoy maths and I'm sure it will challenge me a lot if I go on and do further study. Can anyone help us out with the careers in maths ? I have found some interesting ones such as statistician and analyst. How hard is it to get a job with a maths degree?
Original post by CountTesla
You're mistaken. What subjects do you study ?

Yeah I really enjoy maths and I'm sure it will challenge me a lot if I go on and do further study. Can anyone help us out with the careers in maths ? I have found some interesting ones such as statistician and analyst. How hard is it to get a job with a maths degree?

----
Honestly, for me a person whose doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics is considered to be smart cuz I know how challenging these subjects are.----I'm going to do Economics related subjects: Applied Economics,Finances,Business Maths and Business----To tell the truth, I am more Economics oriented person, so, unfortunately, I would not be able to give a good advice about career opportunities in maths area. but I am using the prospects.ac.uk for further details about any careers or degrees and where they are relevant
Reply 22
I get hard when I do maths
I don't know my rights and lefts but I sure do love Maths :smile:
----
Honestly, for me a person whose doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics is considered to be smart cuz I know how challenging these subjects are.----I'm going to do Economics related subjects: Applied Economics,Finances,Business Maths and Business----To tell the truth, I am more Economics oriented person, so, unfortunately, I would not be able to give a good advice about career opportunities in maths area. but I am using the prospects.ac.uk for further details about any careers or degrees and where they are relevant

Yeah with whatever degree i choose i think i will try and get into finance. It's so interesting. You doing AS ? business maths sounds like a lot of fun!
Yeah with whatever degree i choose i think i will try and get into finance. It's so interesting. You doing AS ? business maths sounds like a lot of fun!

I'm going to do the IFP course:smile:
I'm going to do the IFP course:smile:

Is that a course relating to Econ ?
Reply 27
----
Honestly, for me a person whose doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics is considered to be smart cuz I know how challenging these subjects are

I'm doing those three - they're not challenging.
Original post by Zacken

I agree - physics at AS doesnt seem difficult to learn. Same goes for maths. C1 i think is a little too easy but if they are giving me free marks i might aswell take them right ? I found FP1 a little challenging but right now after doing past papers it feels like im more in control :smile: :u:
(edited 8 years ago)
Is that a course relating to Econ ?

Yeah, it is called Business'n' Economics with modules that I have described above
Yeah, it is called Business'n' Economics with modules that I have described above

I always wanted to try Econ but my sixth form did not offer it :frown: fun ?
Original post by Zacken

Lucky man, those subjects do not work for everyone. At least, for most of my ex classmates
I always wanted to try Econ but my sixth form did not offer it :frown: fun ?

Unbelievable:s-smilie:
Original post by Zacken

*looks at M3-M5 & S4*

You take that back! :lol:
maths is buff cos its either right or wrong, and you dont have to write a 4 page essay explaining why, just a few calculations.

and most of the time you know if you got it right, it isnt like english where you have no idea whether you ballsed it up or aced it
Original post by jarjarbinkss
maths is buff cos its either right or wrong, and you dont have to write a 4 page essay explaining why, just a few calculations.

and most of the time you know if you got it right, it isnt like english where you have no idea whether you ballsed it up or aced it

I guess you are not interested in Maths? unfortunately.----Some people prefer to be challenged by an outstanding equation which would cause your brain to explode
Original post by jarjarbinkss

This is literally the reason that I hate English.
Original post by Bernie2016
This is literally the reason that I hate English.

I hate english too :smile:
I feel sorry for english teachers reading all the essays and marking them :frown:
Original post by Zacken

:adore:

Spoiler

Reply 39
Started to love Maths after my AS exams last yr (I used to despise it):tongue: Watched 'A Beautiful Mind', started reading more about matrices and linear algebra. Then I just got hooked :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest