The Student Room Group

Thoughts about GCSE's

How is everyone feeling? I took 2 GCSE's early last year however it doesn't feel the same! I'm way more nervous for them! Does anyone else feel this way? Or have any techniques I could use to help me not panic?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Hi, I'm a bit stressed but I know that it will be fine as long as you make sure you've started revision by now and keep going with it! Think about the long summer you get as motivation and really, I tend to find that once exams get started they're not as bad as you anticipate, it's just the build up that gets you a little stressed- hence how I'm feeling at the moment. For science and maths based subjects the best tips I can give is practise, practise, practice questions, especially those on topics you don't understand.
Same goes for essay based subjects too, make sure you know how to answer the questions just as well as what content to include, perhaps ask teachers to look over a couple of them to guide you.
Finally, the best advice I've come across is to read the examiners reports, they are guiding you about what people commonly have done wrong and you can use this as an area to work on. Honestly, they are so great to tell you exactly what is good about answers and what not to do. Genius for essay based subjects!
Good luck :smile:
Original post by _chloeematt
How is everyone feeling? I took 2 GCSE's early last year however it doesn't feel the same! I'm way more nervous for them! Does anyone else feel this way? Or have any techniques I could use to help me not panic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not nervous, just tired of revising.

Quick Reply

Latest