The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Accommodation Questions

Hi all,

Please post all your accommodation queries in here.

This could relate to the application process, best location, room and facility information or absolutely anything else you need to know.

We look forward to hearing from you :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Does drake house have a an ensuite bathroom or is it shared ?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by mangofreak101
Does drake house have a an ensuite bathroom or is it shared ?

Hi, there are a limited number of en suite bathrooms in Drake house, the rest our shared.

When you apply please state you want to be considered for en suite and they will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hi all,

Please post all your accommodation queries in here.

This could be anything relating from the application process, best location, room and facility information or absolutely anything else you need to know.

We look forward to hearing from you :smile:

What size beds do marketgate rooms have?
Reply 4
Original post by liamgreville
What size beds do marketgate rooms have?

Hi, Markegate rooms have single beds or 4ft beds
Thanks for replying :smile: Should I have specified a 4ft bed in my application or are they chosen at random?
Hi Guys!
I've been offered a place to study Adult Nursing at UWE, which i'm chuffed about! But I was just wondering if you suggest living at glenside? Or do you have a choice to live at Frenchay?

Thanks
Hi, I want to stay at Glenside because my course is based there and I need car parking, I was wondering if there are any updated photos anywhere of the accommodation because the ones on the website are really outdated and because I live so far out I can't come and view the accommodation at an open day. Thanks!
Reply 8
Original post by JennyO1995
Hi Guys!
I've been offered a place to study Adult Nursing at UWE, which i'm chuffed about! But I was just wondering if you suggest living at glenside? Or do you have a choice to live at Frenchay?

Thanks

Hi, we would recommend living at Glenside Campus as that is where all your lectures/seminars are based. You do of course have the option to live at Frenchay or anywhere else but for ease of access to Glenside it is better to be located there.
Reply 9
Original post by leahnesbit
Hi, I want to stay at Glenside because my course is based there and I need car parking, I was wondering if there are any updated photos anywhere of the accommodation because the ones on the website are really outdated and because I live so far out I can't come and view the accommodation at an open day. Thanks!

Hi, have you seen the Glenside accommodation video?

http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/accommodation/uweaccommodationoptions/accommodationfilms/glensideandtheholliesfilm.aspx

This might give you a better idea of the facilities on offer.
Reply 10
Hi,

I've accepted UWE as my firm choice and applying for accommodation now. I will be studying History which I've been told is on the French Campus. Initially, I chose Wallscourt Park because of this however, I'd prefer an ensuite.
Is it suitable for me to choose accommodation in the City Campus?

Emily :smile:
Hey there,
I've accepted my place to study Fine Art at UWE. My lectures are based between Spike Island and Bower Ashton. I've applied for Transom and a few other accommodations. However I'd love an ensuite, does Transom have this and is it a good location for Spike Island? Thanks!
Original post by em8530
Hi,

I've accepted UWE as my firm choice and applying for accommodation now. I will be studying History which I've been told is on the French Campus. Initially, I chose Wallscourt Park because of this however, I'd prefer an ensuite.
Is it suitable for me to choose accommodation in the City Campus?

Emily :smile:

Hi, it is fine for you to apply for city centre accommodation. You just need to consider that it will mean taking a short journey up to Frenchay Campus. There is public transport available and a dual carriageway which makes the journey roughly 20-30 mins. Wallscourt Park is directly on campus though, so obviously removes any need to factor in journey times before lectures!
Original post by Lydypiex
Hey there,
I've accepted my place to study Fine Art at UWE. My lectures are based between Spike Island and Bower Ashton. I've applied for Transom and a few other accommodations. However I'd love an ensuite, does Transom have this and is it a good location for Spike Island? Thanks!

Hi, Transom House does have a limited number of en suite rooms. Please specify that you would like to be considered for one in the 'Additional Comments' section of your application. It is a great location if you're based at Spike Island.
Reply 14
Hi, I have recently sent in my application for Graphic Design in UWE. Would like a recommendation of accommodations that are suitable? Perhaps the one that students find most convenient to live in ? to travel to Bower Ashton campus everyday and their daily life (grocery shopping etc). Thanks!
Hey I'm going to be studying Photography at Bower Ashton Campus and was wondering what you would suggest is the nicest city accommodation to live in? A lot of people have suggested Marketgate however I prefer the look of Phoenix Court... Is there much difference? I want to live somewhere social and friendly :smile: THANKS!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi
I have an offer for the February 2017 intake for Child Nursing, do you know if its possible to transfer to the September intake?
Original post by lkyan712
Hi, I have recently sent in my application for Graphic Design in UWE. Would like a recommendation of accommodations that are suitable? Perhaps the one that students find most convenient to live in ? to travel to Bower Ashton campus everyday and their daily life (grocery shopping etc). Thanks!

Hi, any of the City Centre accommodation is the most suitable for Bower Ashton students. There are regular buses to and from the campus and as they in the centre there are plenty of supermarkets and shops.
Original post by elmelshaw
Hey I'm going to be studying Photography at Bower Ashton Campus and was wondering what you would suggest is the nicest city accommodation to live in? A lot of people have suggested Marketgate however I prefer the look of Phoenix Court... Is there much difference? I want to live somewhere social and friendly :smile: THANKS!

Hi, we would say they are all nice, so it is probable best you direct this question to one of the other threads! :smile:

Seriously though, they all have similar facilities and being centrally based have good public transport links to Bower Ashton campus.

This video has more info, if you haven't already seen it: http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/accommodation/uweaccommodationoptions/accommodationfilms/citycentrefilm.aspx
Original post by meganjeffery22
Hi
I have an offer for the February 2017 intake for Child Nursing, do you know if its possible to transfer to the September intake?

Hi, it might be possible but we will have to take a few things into consideration first. Please email your request to [email protected] along with your ID number and the admissions team will let you know the next steps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending