The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ravioliyears
x

Awww Ravioli! I'm glad you managed to pull through and are feeling much better than before. This was a well written post and I really do like the positivity at the end. Very inspirational:yep:
:hugs:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
Awww Ravioli! I'm glad you managed to pull through and are feeling much better than before. This was a well written post and I really do like the positivity at the end. Very inspirational:yep:
:hugs:
Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Thanks Matrix
:hugs: Thanks Matrix

You're welcome :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so so much, French! Means a lot that you've said that :hugs: :heart:

:lovehug: keep up the good work ma chérie :heart: :jumphug:
@ravioliyears Aww, what you put at the end was so cute :hugs:

55kg might have been chubby for your height, but it wasn't overweight :smile:
Original post by Eternalflames
@ravioliyears Aww, what you put at the end was so cute :hugs:

55kg might have been chubby for your height, but it wasn't overweight :smile:

Yep, it sure wasn't overweight. And thank you :hugs:
Reply 266
x

omg i was reading this with a frown until I read that you got happier and I genuinely smiled and laughed. The fact that you restarted to enjoy pictures really made me happy too bc losing self confidence is sad af to see, and regaining it sounds gr8!

The mood shift genuinely made me SMILE and not many posts have done that

:biggrin:
Original post by zanner
omg i was reading this with a frown until I read that you got happier and I genuinely smiled and laughed. The fact that you restarted to enjoy pictures really made me happy too bc losing self confidence is sad af to see, and regaining it sounds gr8!

The mood shift genuinely made me SMILE and not many posts have done that

:biggrin:

:hugs: I'm glad it made you smile! How are you?
Reply 268
:hugs: I'm glad it made you smile! How are you?

I'm good, nothing new with the good ol' stomach

it was really nice to read seeing you raise up after the adversity you faced (I could never imagine textbooks and such feeling heavy, that must have been terrible :frown: )
Original post by zanner
I'm good, nothing new with the good ol' stomach

it was really nice to read seeing you raise up after the adversity you faced (I could never imagine textbooks and such feeling heavy, that must have been terrible :frown: )

Aww, hope you get well soon!

Yeah, it was but I had the support of my friends which didn't make it too bad in the end.
Reply 270
Aww, hope you get well soon!

Yeah, it was but I had the support of my friends which didn't make it too bad in the end.

Thank you :smile:

Having people around you who support you is great, having to deal with it alone is the worst, glad you have such supportive friends around ya :biggrin:
How my weight loss changed everything

Another, well written, uplifting and inspirational post! I'm glad you have found happiness in all the madness and is able to share your journey with us! Look forward to the next post! :hugs:
Original post by aamirac
Another, well written, uplifting and inspirational post! I'm glad you have found happiness in all the madness and is able to share your journey with us! Look forward to the next post! :hugs:

Thank you! :hugs:
How are things now? I've had it since I was 12 (shortly after my 11th birthday) and the medication does seem like a burden sometimes and some very uncomfortable, but I have been all right for the past 2 years-ish. But relapses are so stressful. Hopefully there will be a cure in the future.
Original post by NotNotBatman
How are things now? I've had it since I was 12 (shortly after my 11th birthday) and the medication does seem like a burden sometimes and some very uncomfortable, but I have been all right for the past 2 years-ish. But relapses are so stressful. Hopefully there will be a cure in the future.

Things are alright rn. Which medication do you take, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks for posting :smile:
Things are alright rn. Which medication do you take, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks for posting :smile:

right now, balsalazide, Azathioprine and Vitamin D supplements.
right now, balsalazide, Azathioprine and Vitamin D supplements.

Ahh okay. Yeah, I take Vitamin D too, but I take Octasa instead. Do you have Crohns?
Ahh okay. Yeah, I take Vitamin D too, but I take Octasa instead. Do you have Crohns?

Nope, UC.
Nope, UC.

:frown: It really does suck, doesn't it. Were you ever put on irons?
:frown: It really does suck, doesn't it. Were you ever put on irons?

Yep, I became anaemic due to the azathioprine and I was put on irons. I still have to have routine blood tests, although that is less regular now. At times I forget that I even have UC, but when its starts kicking up again it's awful. But I just have to live with it.

Latest

Trending

Trending