The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
Original post by Dirtybit
I like this answer

Have you ever met a person suffering from Schizophrenia? If so, how was encounter? Thoughts?

Yeah, he was a paranoid schizophrenic.

He was with his dad at the time, and we met because he had a traumatic brain injury too (so that's the types of brain injuries that I work with) along with schizophrenia. He kept thinking that the government had plotted against him, and were after him.. and because I was a new face he thought I was going to kidnap him - and that I had brainwashed his dad.

I had to continuously reassure him, and I had to avoid eye contact with him too when I spoke to both of them - so I looked at his dad most of the times and tried not to refer to the client by his name or "him" or "he". I always had to use something like.. "typically, in this case we would do this with a potential client..." etc.

At the end of the assessment I told his dad that he wouldn't benefit from input from us at this stage, and referred him back to his neuroteam at the hospital.

Felt more bad for his dad though, he's devoted all of his life to help his son and right at the end he asked me if this would ever go away, and if he'd get better etc - when he knew that he probably wouldn't.
Reply 1721
Original post by zKlown
Lol at the mode being on a stats exam.

I learnt that **** in primary school. Let's talk binomial distribution.

What you saying @Dirtybit

Research methods man

**** you

😔
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Jay-Z has dropped the ball with his boxing promoting ffs

He has a poor stable, bar Ward, but its unlikely he'll ever be a PPV attraction.

He did sign Kevin Durant and Jerome Boateng to Roc though.
Original post by swirly
He has a poor stable, bar Ward, but its unlikely he'll ever be a PPV attraction.

He did sign Kevin Durant and Jerome Boateng to Roc though.

He has Cotto FFS, and didn't even help Oscar sell the fight against Canelo. Should have been his responsibility to get the African-American population on Cotto's side.

Too busy banging Rita Ora probably
(edited 8 years ago)
He has Cotto FFS, and didn't even help Oscar sell the fight. Should have been his responsibility to get the African-American population on Cotto's side.

Too busy banging Rita Ora probably

how many years would you Cotto is removed from his prime?

He's 3-3 since 2011.
Original post by swirly
how many years would you Cotto is removed from his prime?

He's 3-3 since 2011.

Cotto was competitive with prime Canelo. Guy is still one of the best at 154 IMO.
Cotto was competitive with prime Canelo. Guy is still one of the best at 154 IMO.

154 is a dead division though?
Original post by SA-1
Yeah, he was a paranoid schizophrenic.

He was with his dad at the time, and we met because he had a traumatic brain injury too (so that's the types of brain injuries that I work with) along with schizophrenia. He kept thinking that the government had plotted against him, and were after him.. and because I was a new face he thought I was going to kidnap him - and that I had brainwashed his dad.

I had to continuously reassure him, and I had to avoid eye contact with him too when I spoke to both of them - so I looked at his dad most of the times and tried not to refer to the client by his name or "him" or "he". I always had to use something like.. "typically, in this case we would do this with a potential client..." etc.

At the end of the assessment I told his dad that he wouldn't benefit from input from us at this stage, and referred him back to his neuroteam at the hospital.

Felt more bad for his dad though, he's devoted all of his life to help his son and right at the end he asked me if this would ever go away, and if he'd get better etc - when he knew that he probably wouldn't.

Very Interesting,

Could it possibly be dangerous looking after him though because he could randomly attack you or something
Original post by swirly
154 is a dead division though?

True, you have guys like Lara and Trout still floating around. Just wait for some welterweights to make the jump up; I'm sure Bradley wouldn't mind the payday.
True, you have guys like Lara and Trout still floating around. Just wait for some welterweights to make the jump up; I'm sure Bradley wouldn't mind the payday.

I've just started watching The Wire.

Question: does it develop into a GoT meets American Gangster type of show?
Original post by swirly
I've just started watching The Wire.

Question: does it develop into a GoT meets American Gangster type of show?

No. It has it's own style.
Reply 1731
Original post by Dirtybit
Very Interesting,

Could it possibly be dangerous looking after him though because he could randomly attack you or something

Definitely, which is why it was much better that his dad was there. If he was in a new place, sitting opposite someone he didn't know he probably would have attacked out of self defence
It's literally impossible for Leicester to bottle this now, if Spurs drop points especially.

Nothing from their previous form suggests they will, and United's attack against Leicester's defence and Leicester's attack v Everton's defence shouldn't be a problem for them.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
It's literally impossible for Leicester to bottle this now, if Spurs drop points especially.

Nothing from their previous form suggests they will, and United's attack against Leicester's defence and Leicester's attack v Everton's defence shouldn't be a problem for them.

They'll win the league at OT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
They'll win the league at OT

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so glad they/someone new will win it - takes the focus off our shite season a bit more.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
I'm so glad they/someone new will win it - takes the focus off our shite season a bit more.

Leicester haven't won a top division title in their history never mind the PL

You have to feel for Spurs though, their best season in decades and they're usurped by Leicester :colondollar:
Original post by sr90
Leicester haven't won a top division title in their history never mind the PL

You have to feel for Spurs though, their best season in decades and they're usurped by Leicester :colondollar:

haha it is typical Spurs, beat Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Liverpool and City and still don't finish finish top
Always said they'd struggle when the Europa league kicks back in. You seen Kagawa's goal v Schalke?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1737
Yeah our coefficient will be banter after next season
Reply 1738
Having said that, imagine Leicester catch teams by surprise in the CL too :lol:
Original post by SA-1
Yeah our coefficient will be banter after next season

City and Liverpool bailing England out :wink:

Latest