The Student Room Group

What is the longest you have gone without sleep?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Internet
Wow. Did you hallucinate?

Not during that session, I have before though, I stay awake a lot. :smile:
Nope. :tongue:

Its because of my insomnia, its really bad. What is the longest you've stayed awake for??
Original post by Insomulus
Not during that session, I have before though, I stay awake a lot. :smile:

I see why you chose your name now. I love sleep... Someone beat you btw. They did 122 hours.
Probs 21 hours max

It was a very long day out
Completely without sleep: about 40 hours (scouts 24 hour stayawake then went to lectures all day).

Without anything resembling a reasonable amount of sleep (say, 2 hours at a time): about a week (sailing in some awful weather).
Original post by claireestelle
39 hours

Good heavens! poor you.... I've done about 23 hours straight and nearly dropped dead hahaha :smile:
Original post by honestly
Good heavens! poor you.... I've done about 23 hours straight and nearly dropped dead hahaha :smile:

I had a 5am flight so didn't bother sleeping and didn't get a chance to sleep till like 6pm. It was worth it to visit Amsterdam though.
Original post by Longshot4000
-_-

I mean, where from google images, I've seen that picture before and it rings bells.

Amazon I think
Original post by Katarvi
Whatever! :hand: You haven't won yet m8, don't be so premature!

It's no longer premature, yo! :proud:
Reply 69
~42 hours I felt like I was gonna die afterwards
Two days straight, back when I was doing my A-Levels.
Original post by godofwine
Two days straight, back when I was doing my A-Levels.

How did you manage doing it? Like I really need to pull some allnighters but whenever I try, I end up sleeping!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
about 30 hours :colondollar: wasn't even willingly, it was a sleep deprivation EEG test
sooooo I was like doing a challenge against my friends.. we bought 1000 bottles of coke and 10 chocolate cakes and that's all we used to keep us awake. like that's all we could do!!! managed a strong 6 days using loud bass and metal music but at this point got quite grumpy so decided to have a nap for couple of hours then got up and managed 4 days straight.... then I was like why am I doing this? whats the point.... so I went to bed!!!!
basics I wasn't allowed to like sleep cos I like lost this bet thing and I had to like play Mario kart for 10 days but I like couldn't sleep. it was cray. I had to like sometimes go to the loo which was like a kind of struggle. on the 10th day I fell asleep on the loo and then I like ran out of food so I had to like sleep. I went to my school like the next day.
Original post by PlayerBB
How did you manage doing it? Like I really need to pull some allnighters but whenever I try, I end up sleeping!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I drank a lot of Green Tea, which got me through it.

All nighters are fun, but not when you're at Uni. I just don't have the energy anymore lol
Original post by honestly

didn't quite manage the all nighter :tongue:
No idea but I do know that the longest you can go without sleep is 264 hours!
Original post by godofwine
I drank a lot of Green Tea, which got me through it.

All nighters are fun, but not when you're at Uni. I just don't have the energy anymore lol

Lol I bet they are! I think I should try drinking a lot of it then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was nearly two weeks ago, was awake for nearly 30 hours. I was on a uni trip to Malaysia, and we were traveling back to the UK. I can't sleep on journeys, but eventually I became so exhausted that I just fell asleep... on my lecturer's shoulder. I didn't realise until my friend (who was sat on the other side of the lecturer) told me, and three or four of other friends told me I did too. :doh:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest