The Student Room Group

100 Things To Do Before Uni

Hi everyone, I'm a y12 student and I want to become more independent. I feel like I lack a lot of basic social skills since I've focussed so much on school the past few years so can everyone give me recommendations on things I should do before uni!

Edit - this has sort of changed to not just a before uni list (although it is mainly to help me become more independent) but a list of experiences/things I just want to do in life.

Here are my starting points

✅Have a part time job

✅Volunteer regularly

Learn how to cook (at least 10 meals confidently)

Learn how to drive

Go abroad/on a plane for first time

Go on public transport on my own

Go to a festival

✅Volunteer for a charity

Climb a mountain

Sit around a campfire with friends

Swimming in wild water

Go kayaking

(edited 1 month ago)
Why go to a festival, sorry? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by iL1L

Just for fun, I have lots of friends who have gone to some before so I’m thinking of trying one. It’ll also take me a bit out of my comfort zone but I want to challenge myself a bit this year to hopefully grow as a person. The other things are more important to me though since they are actually useful 😂
Original post by study23!
Just for fun, I have lots of friends who have gone to some before so I’m thinking of trying one. It’ll also take me a bit out of my comfort zone but I want to challenge myself a bit this year to hopefully grow as a person. The other things are more important to me though since they are actually useful 😂

Ooh ok
Reply 4
Original post by iL1L

Why wouldn't you?

I'll add

Climb a mountain

Sleep under the stars (without a tent)

Swimming in wild water (river / lake etc)

Sit around a camp fire with your mates

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending