The Student Room Group

Going clubbing in your 30's?

Is it normal?

Scroll to see replies

Increasingly so.
there is no reason why older people should not go "clubbing". it is sensible to avoid the more strenuous "moves" as the body ages.
Reply 3
If your foolish enough to want to, you can probably get away with this up to age 35 I reckon.
Reply 4
They do and they will. Mind your own business

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Zarek
If your foolish enough to want to, you can probably get away with this up to age 35 I reckon.

why foolish?

@stefano865 Pointless post :toofunny: :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Original post by HotHipster
why foolish?

@stefano865 Pointless post :toofunny: :rolleyes:

I just find it funny that you are even asking this question.

Why would it be too old?

If you enjoy it. Do it.

:wink:
Reply 7
I went clubbing last year aged 34, for the second time ever. Then i went a few times. I think i have some catching up to do.
Reply 8
[QUOTE=SMEGGGY;64216605]They do and they will. Mind your own business

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because they are totally crap places to hang out..
Yes. I don't really see the issue (though I'm almost certain my clubbing days will be over by the time I finish university). I think what's weird is people who go clubbing when they have a family and kids and don't just do it once in a while e.g. a hen party/stag do.
I feel there is a gap in the market for the 30 to 45 year range. Perhaps most are domesticated.
Reply 11
I know a lot that do. They just don't go to the same clubs that the 18-30 people go to. They go to the more expensive bars and clubs

Posted from TSR Mobile
i am ov'r 400 years old and i still going clubbing
I'm 19 and I'm sick of it already! Myself and my friends are already talking about how we feel too old to go clubbing and get bored too easily :colondollar:

Completely your choice. However if you're doing it to harass young girls who have only just ventured out into the adult world then don't bother.. it's so creepy! Whenever I see someone just sort of lurking my brain flicks straight to kidnappings and rape. Not the thoughts I want to be having on a night out!
Original post by carrotstar
I'm 19 and I'm sick of it already! Myself and my friends are already talking about how we feel too old to go clubbing and get bored too easily :colondollar:

Completely your choice. However if you're doing it to harass young girls who have only just ventured out into the adult world then don't bother.. it's so creepy! Whenever I see someone just sort of lurking my brain flicks straight to kidnappings and rape. Not the thoughts I want to be having on a night out!

Damn there goes another one of my scrupulous plans failed. Just Kidding!!
Reply 15
Original post by john2054
I went clubbing last year aged 34, for the second time ever. Then i went a few times. I think i have some catching up to do.

You are 34 bruh?
Original post by M14B
You are 34 bruh?

35 now.

And boy do i love to mop up those teeny boppers. I just can't get enough of them!

(JK JK JK JK JK)

Spoiler

Reply 17

Im female :colondollar:

No wonder you're sick of it already if it makes you constantly worrying about kidnappings and rape...

It's creepty to you as you are still naive and still think of yourselves as between kid and adult where to the guys (and women do this to young men too) They see a girl who at that age is more likely to experience the world so wants to have fun, no worries about setting down yet, isn't showing signs of age, has more energy.

Instead of your brain flicking to danger make an actual judgement call and assume maybe being older they could be more mature, more stable in life and such.

Men are attracted to femininity hence the younger women more likely to show it over the ones who are swamped with a career or at least a stressful job, its only creepy as you are used to the media telling you women are victims and men predators.

No offense meant by the way.

Anyway onto over 30's clubbing I was turned away from student clubs a few months back one didn't even tell me why, the other told me I was too old to be a student and when I whipped out my student card he suddenly went "uh uh, you are not a regular student though" He never stopped any of the younger ones though.

But I prefer many of the places I liked when younger as places now play too much R n B or generic rock basically two extremes of mainstream popular or mainstream indie (as in just indie stuff for the sake of it to say they are different)

The places I like are ones that don't take themselves too seriously but of course the students rate them bad on places like tripadvisor for being cheesy or chavvy or "old people" in there or "ugly" people shows a lot about the people rating!

I love one where I like that is a cheesy place, they put on various types of music from cheesy pop, to retro, to modern and people get on the tables and dance when drunk or on the stage and of course the under 30's hate it there saying its cheesy with bad music.

Id rather have £1 drinks and cheesy music than overpriced drinks and mainstream rubbish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending