The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Diagnostic Radiography 2016

Is there anyone else studying diagnostic radiography or has applied to at uni of Hertfordshire? cannot find anyone!

Scroll to see replies

Did you sue the search function (top right)? I found people studying or applying for Diagnostic Radiography at Hertfordshire using it. There is also a very large applicant's thread for DH here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3477325
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Yep🖐🏼🖐🏼
Reply 4
Original post by Shannongoatham
Is there anyone else studying diagnostic radiography or has applied to at uni of Hertfordshire? cannot find anyone!

Yes, I've been made a Conditional Offer, subject to a check of my qualifications, and I've made it my firm choice.
I suppose it's early days yet, as a lot of applicants will be waiting for their A-Level results - but it's good to know there are people out there, all the same!
I can't wait to get started!! :smile:
I also have a conditional offer, but I'm a little bit confused as I have other offers and not entirely sure where I will make my 1st choice. Btw does anyone know which London hospitals Herts uni send students out to? Also, how many days would we have to attend university?
Reply 6
Sorry, I don't know, but maybe you could post on the 2nd year thread, or the Radiography 2015 tnread, and someone will no doubt tell you.
Good luck with your decision.
I have firmed Hertfordshire for diagnostic radiography starting September!! What accomodation have you all applied for?
Reply 8
Original post by Megan.pardoe123
I have firmed Hertfordshire for diagnostic radiography starting September!! What accomodation have you all applied for?

None, I'm going to be living off campus.
Have you heard anything from Herts yet? Start date, etc?
Original post by Pigpen
None, I'm going to be living off campus.
Have you heard anything from Herts yet? Start date, etc?

No, which is surprising. I thought they would email with info after I firmed them.
Reply 10
Original post by Megan.pardoe123
No, which is surprising. I thought they would email with info after I firmed them.

My daughter's just started back at uni today, after a 3 week break for Easter. Perhaps Herts have also had a 3 week break, which would explain things?
ive got an offer :smile: I was wondering are travel expenses to placement reimbursed or do we get accommodation if its quite far? and i wanna know which hopsitals they are linked to as i can't find the info anywhere. I've emailed now waiting for the reply.
Hi Weeilspongebob,

Congratulations on your offer! Travel expenses reimbursement is based on means testing by the NHS. I would advise contacting the placements team within The School of Health and Social Work who will be able to give you a definitive answer, their email is [email protected]. The hospitals we are linked with are situated in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, London, East Midlands and South Central and your placement will be based on availability.

Hope that helps.
Heather & Brad
I've got an unconditional offer to start in September.
Reply 14
Congratulations, Melita - see you there!
Congratulations all, hope to see as many of you there as possible next year!

Best of luck, from the current first year radiography students! :smile:
Reply 16
The joining instructions are now up on my student profile - yay :smile:
Hey, I was asked to send my GCSE's through scanning them and sending them by email. I did that about 2/3 days ago and still haven't been contacted for the confirmation. It's there usually a long waiting time or should I call the admission team again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by NewestPharm
Hey, I was asked to send my GCSE's through scanning them and sending them by email. I did that about 2/3 days ago and still haven't been contacted for the confirmation. It's there usually a long waiting time or should I call the admission team again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There was around a 10 day wait when I sent mine in the 2nd time, but I was glad I phoned them after I'd waited ages after sending the first time, as there had been a glitch in the system. It is worth giving them a call if you haven't heard anything after 10 days, I'd say, just to check they've received them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pigpen
There was around a 10 day wait when I sent mine in the 2nd time, but I was glad I phoned them after I'd waited ages after sending the first time, as there had been a glitch in the system. It is worth giving them a call if you haven't heard anything after 10 days, I'd say, just to check they've received them.

Thank you, I'll do just that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending