The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by johnd45
lmao yeah I know, we can only keep dreaming...

Exactly. We're getting nobody because we're not as great as herd fans fool themselves into thinking. The only way back into success is with the players we develop.
Joke we're not offering Arteta a coaching role, ****ing shambles really
Original post by shawn_o1
Exactly. We're getting nobody because we're not as great as herd fans fool themselves into thinking. The only way back into success is with the players we develop.

The problem is that our squad isn't even youthful anymore. Yes we have Iwobi and Bellerin, but Monreal is 30, Cech is 33, Koscielny is 30, Mertesacker is 31, Flaminis is 32, Rosicky is 35, Sanchez and Ozil are 27, Cazorla is 31, Giroud is 29 and so on...
And our youth squad isn't even as promising as it used to be back when we had the likes of Wilshere coming through. We clearly need to sign some players because our current squad can't be developed enough.
Did I seriously just see people wanting Pellegrini to replace Wenger? ****ing hell he's even more inept than Arsene

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Did I seriously just see people wanting Pellegrini to replace Wenger? ****ing hell he's even more inept than Arsene

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm, champions league semi final says otherwise. As others have said, he's managed better this season than Arsene has in the last 10 with half his core squad injured.

Low seems a good fit, but we'll pussy out and pray someone is available in 12 months and when there isn't Arsene will "nobally" extent his contract...
Out of interest, what do people think of Jose? I'd be furious but it seems a surprisingly large number of Arsenal fans would want him
Original post by leinad2012
Hmmm, champions league semi final says otherwise. As others have said, he's managed better this season than Arsene has in the last 10 with half his core squad injured.

Low seems a good fit, but we'll pussy out and pray someone is available in 12 months and when there isn't Arsene will "nobally" extent his contract...

Should be doing a lot better than 1 league title, 2x league cup and a CL semi-final in 3 years considering the Man City squad and money spent. Not sure how much influence Pellegrini had on transfers at Man City but those under his tenure haven't been very good.

Out of interest, what do people think of Jose? I'd be furious but it seems a surprisingly large number of Arsenal fans would want him

Would be awful at Arsenal. You need a manager who can adjust what has been happening at Arsenal for the last 20 years. Evolution rather than revolution.

Mourinho will rip up all the good at Arsenal for his own short term benefit/gain, isolate potential youngsters who could become good and set the club back a few years. Would want to sign loads of old players on huge contracts too.

Frank De Boer would be the only decent name I can think of who could move and suit Arsenal to replace Wenger.

Jose would be doing his Jimmies, Jams, Nichromes and Skkcs a huge disservice if he went to another English club. Isn't he the one who inspired even the darkest forms of arrogance into football?
Imagine not wanting a born and bred winner like Mourinho at your club.
Just gonna throw it out there, whilst I think El Neny is a good player and prospect, can we all agree he doesn't fit our system in the slightest? Not good enough to distribute in a dlp role, not good enough defensively to play cdm. Obviously he's a natural b2b but there seems to be too much missing in his game right now to fit our system.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Imagine not wanting a born and bred winner like Mourinho at your club.

The last few years haven't been amazing. His scorched earth approach seems to be getting more destructive every year.

He spent a fortune last summer and he's scrapping for 4th with a terrible record against big teams, I've just described Wenger there haven't I. Awful title defence last season as well how they finished 2nd is beyond me

Low hasn't been in club football for a very long time. What makes you think he's a good fit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6772
Actually think José would be good for Arsenal. Don't think he will be that great for United though.
Original post by sr90
He spent a fortune last summer and he's scrapping for 4th with a terrible record against big teams, I've just described Wenger there haven't I. Awful title defence last season as well how they finished 2nd is beyond me

Low hasn't been in club football for a very long time. What makes you think he's a good fit

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can completely see your point. But the difference is that they've had huge injuries. I mean, who expects 2 of their 3 main signings to be out for 3 months each? That's just **** luck.
Sure, his title defence was weak last season, but they're not aiming for the league now, they are targeting the cl. I agree that it wouldn't be a big step up, but like I've said, no one wants rid of Wenger for instant improvement, they want it as retribution.

Not sure why I think Low would be a good fit. Germany play good football I guess. Just a big name bias with little to back it up, basically what every naive football fan does for managers and players.
Just gonna throw it out there, whilst I think El Neny is a good player and prospect, can we all agree he doesn't fit our system in the slightest? Not good enough to distribute in a dlp role, not good enough defensively to play cdm. Obviously he's a natural b2b but there seems to be too much missing in his game right now to fit our system.

He reminds me of Fellaini minus his redeeming qualities
Original post by Zerforax
The last few years haven't been amazing. His scorched earth approach seems to be getting more destructive every year.

Yeah it seems he can guarantee you trophies but keep him for three or four years and you'll be pressing the panic button.
Atm De Boer is who I nominate, I'm pretty sure he'll be given time and won't mind a lack of CL or even Europa
In a way, I almost want Jose to come to Arsenal for the banter. First the melt down at United. Secondly, I think it would just be hilarious to see him slag off Arsene like a shitcunt at every presser, win the league and take it up to the exec box to rub it in Arsene's face. Thirdly, watching the cuckold, account prawn sandwich brigade protest his appointment would be comical. Might finally tip Claude over the edge though, but watching the AFTV cancer wagon implode would be brilliant.

All in all, we're a club built for banter, we might as well entertain ourselves and win trophies at the same time, even if it means having a scumbag prick as manager.

It's like, I used to support Ferrari in F1 and hated Alonso because he was Schumi's rival, but the second he joined Ferrari I loved him. I imagine many Arsenal fans would be the same with Jose tbh
Original post by swirly
He reminds me of Fellaini minus his redeeming qualities

Nice comparison, although I guess we don't have the hatred of spending £30mil on a ddud. If it ddoesn't work out, it's a £8mil purchase and we'd probably get most of that fee back tbh
wheres the wenger in brigade from a year ago? we need change
I can completely see your point. But the difference is that they've had huge injuries. I mean, who expects 2 of their 3 main signings to be out for 3 months each? That's just **** luck.
Sure, his title defence was weak last season, but they're not aiming for the league now, they are targeting the cl. I agree that it wouldn't be a big step up, but like I've said, no one wants rid of Wenger for instant improvement, they want it as retribution.

Not sure why I think Low would be a good fit. Germany play good football I guess. Just a big name bias with little to back it up, basically what every naive football fan does for managers and players.

With the amount they've spent they shouldn't be so reliant on 3 players. If Kompany is injured they have no defence, despite spending nearly 80m on Ornamental and Mangala. If KDB or Aguero is injured they have nothing going forward, again despite spending a fortune. Most of their signings since Pellegrini took over have been awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest