The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ozzie2
Hey guys I originally wanted to apply for Central Village but I am now considering The Tannery as it is slightly cheaper than CV and apparently closer to the business school. However from what it looks like central village is closer to the centre of the campus, and the Tannery is further out. Does anyone know what the social side is like in the Tannery as I am worried that because it's a bit farther out it may be less sociable and less people may go to events etc.?

Loads of people from every residence go to events! And people visit their friends in different residences to pre drink as well. It depends who wants to host! And the tannery is sociable :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I'm just on my way back from the accommodation open day. Oxley was absolutely horrible but I really like the Tannery and Sentinel. I'm going to apply as soon as I get home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tracijune
I'm just on my way back from the accommodation open day. Oxley was absolutely horrible but I really like the Tannery and Sentinel. I'm going to apply as soon as I get home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How about Leodis??
Wasn't able to go to the accommodation day today, what did everyone think of Henry price? Did it seem a problem of not having a common room and is it a sociable accommodation (cause that's what I want) ?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so glad you liked sentinel! I really apologise for how crowded it got! (I was the girl stood outside the common room all day but I'm sure everyone just blurs into one after a while!)

My friend was showing people around the Tannery and apparently loads of people weren't impressed with sentinel at all!
Hi, I have just been to the Accommodation Open Day and heard that those who apply for healthcare related courses will most likely be allocated to the Tannery, Lupton and Oxley. I was just wondering if this is the case, because I was hoping to apply for accommodation elsewhere :frown:
Original post by boomprocrastina
Hi, I have just been to the Accommodation Open Day and heard that those who apply for healthcare related courses will most likely be allocated to the Tannery, Lupton and Oxley. I was just wondering if this is the case, because I was hoping to apply for accommodation elsewhere :frown:

I think you can apply elsewhere, but they highly recommend you choose one of those three accommodations as they try and put healthcare students together as you have such a high number of contact hours and placement hours. There is nothing stopping you putting another accommodation as your first choice though.
Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy
I'm so glad you liked sentinel! I really apologise for how crowded it got! (I was the girl stood outside the common room all day but I'm sure everyone just blurs into one after a while!)

My friend was showing people around the Tannery and apparently loads of people weren't impressed with sentinel at all!

Really, did they say why? I thought Sentinel was really nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boomprocrastina

Where do you want to apply? I'll be a healthcare student also, and they recommend those accommodations so the healthcare students can be together due to working similar shift patterns and also because we need accommodation longer than other students (45 weeks)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really Oxley was so pretty and out of the way, what didnt you like about it ?
Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy
Loads of people from every residence go to events! And people visit their friends in different residences to pre drink as well. It depends who wants to host! And the tannery is sociable :smile:

Thanks for the reassurance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did the rooms in the tannery look like? Were they decent sized etc?
Original post by kacoulter
Really Oxley was so pretty and out of the way, what didnt you like about it ?

It was really pretty from the outside but I didn't like how far away from everything it was and I wasn't a fan of the rooms compared to the other ones I looked at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ozzie2

What did the rooms in the tannery look like? Were they decent sized etc?

The rooms are a great size, they have a small double bed and a lot of storage (wardrobe, drawers, shelves, etc). The shares kitchens are excellent too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hyjacked
Hey, I've made a table for myself to compare the self catered residences more easily so I thought I'd share it with you guys. You can add any more information you have to make it more useful!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wQa7zu2hIeQ8x1UooFi_UdjwGRjx0ShfJs6VUKngOm8/edit?usp=sharing

This is so helpful, thank you for sharing!!
I went to the accommodation day and I am interested in Storm Jameson at Charles Morris - you share (sort of) with around 11 people, does anyone know the ratio of boys:girls ?

These girls at Central Village told me that Central Village have the ratio of 4 girls to 2 boys - I wondered if Charles Morris had a similar structure?
Original post by poppyjoneslittle
This is so helpful, thank you for sharing!!

aha no problem, If anyone knows how many people are in the flats, could you add it to the table, please! I couldn't find it for all of them on the website.
Hii did anyone get a chance to see city side accomodation?

If so how was it, how big were the rooms?
I'm having trouble deciding on accomodation. At first I was set on Central Village, it seems perfect (hence why it's so oversubscribed I guess), however I have heard quite a few negative reports from people saying it's very unsociable in comparison to the other halls which has really put me off - has anyone got experience of/an opinion on this? Obviously I know who you are put with in a flat etc will affect your experience of this.
I'm also interested in Henry Price and Leodis, if anyone has any info on these that would be helpful, especially regarding the social aspect. I know Henry Price has no common room so would this have an impact?
Really, did they say why? I thought Sentinel was really nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

apparently everyone was like 'it's so dead'. I do think the kitchen they chose to show was a bit odd, the layout was weird. My kitchen is a square shape and has more above counter storage.
Original post by cilla_e
Hii did anyone get a chance to see city side accomodation?

If so how was it, how big were the rooms?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it was open to view yesterday. Also, I have read online that it is fully booked (as it is run in partnership with a company that allocated rooms there for students from all the Leeds unis, so I guess it operates on a first come first served basis unlike the uni's accommodation?)

Quick Reply

Latest