The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeFoUr
If you're only in 2 days, avoid City Centre. Stay in Headingley (the side further away from uni), every bus from there takes you to uni steps and you can cut costs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do, thanks for the advice man.

I don't mind living a 20-30 minute walk away, or a bus ride as you mention above. Especially if it means I'm saving a significant amount on rent.

I've never been without a paid job since I was 16 so it's gonna really unnerving watching my bank balance go down all through the year. However as long as I properly budget, I shouldn't have any problems.
Life goal: have Luke reply to me when I quote him
Original post by Lúcio
My only worry is that my contract at LBG expires at the end of June, and I'll have 13k in the bank by then. However any money I spend between then and September is just eating in to what I have to spend while I'm at uni.

I could definitely do with the break, but man it's gonna be a dull summer. At least Euro 2016 and the Olympics are on though.

Maybe get a part time job at Sainsburys again? I thought the night pay was really good, if so you can do a few night shifts throughout July-September and you can use that money for going out and save any money you don't use.
My rent is rougly 3/3 and a half grand at Uni for a year. Not sure how you're worried about spending 13k on living in the North - surely scavenging for food out of bins like everybody else up there does wouldn't cost much.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Life goal: have Luke reply to me when I quote him

Sorry I'm on my phone and the app is poverty - can only quote one person at a time and I didn't wanna spam the thread too much :frown:

£75 sounds about right I think. I suppose when I do my forecast, I can always go 10-20% over. If I can prepare for the worst financially, anything I spend less than that is a bonus!
Original post by Lúcio
Sorry I'm on my phone and the app is poverty - can only quote one person at a time and I didn't wanna spam the thread too much :frown:

£75 sounds about right I think. I suppose when I do my forecast, I can always go 10-20% over. If I can prepare for the worst financially, anything I spend less than that is a bonus!

Why use the mobile app when you can just use the web browser version? I've never got why people complain about it but still use it
Original post by Jimmy Seville
My rent is rougly 3/3 and a half grand at Uni for a year. Not sure how you're worried about spending 13k on living in the North - surely scavenging for food out of bins like everybody else up there does wouldn't cost much.

Jesus that's cheap, what kind of shed do you live in?

Rent is the main thing but obviously you need to factor in bills, food and leisure which really adds up fast.
Living by myself will cost way more though - one of my mates is living with her boyfriend and they're paying £950 for a 2 floor penthouse in the city centre.

£475 each? That's ridiculous to be honest.
Original post by Lúcio
Jesus that's cheap, what kind of shed do you live in?

Rent is the main thing but obviously you need to factor in bills, food and leisure which really adds up fast.
Living by myself will cost way more though - one of my mates is living with her boyfriend and they're paying £950 for a 2 floor penthouse in the city centre.

£475 each? That's ridiculous to be honest.

400 a month, it's London so prices are a ****ing joke. I was looking at a place in Vanvouver, modern, newly built massive block of flats, two blocks from the centre of the city, sharing with one other person, and it's only just a £120 more a month than the place i'm in atm
Bufon just saved a 90th minute penalty - guy is the greatest goalkeeper ever tbh
Reply 2369
Bufon just saved a 90th minute penalty - guy is the greatest goalkeeper ever tbh

De Gea will eclipse:wink:
Original post by Rk2k14
De Gea will eclipse:wink:

Can't even get ahead of Casillas and Real prefer Navas.
Reply 2371
Can't even get ahead of Casillas and Real prefer Navas.

They just wanted Casillas to get the record.
If De Gea doesn't start at the Euros then sum **** be going down.
Real offered Navas to us but fax machine had other thoughts.

De Gea is GOAT.
Original post by Rk2k14
They just wanted Casillas to get the record.
If De Gea doesn't start at the Euros then sum **** be going down.
Real offered Navas to us but fax machine had other thoughts.

De Gea is GOAT.

Not even the best goalkeeper United have ever had (or second best)
Not even on the first page of goalkeepers on Google
Not even close to the best Premier League goalkeeper ever
Not even the best keeper Atletico have had in recent years

0/10 fax machines
De Gea is currently the best goalkeeper in the world.
Reply 2374
Not even the best goalkeeper United have ever had
Not even on the first page of goalkeepers on Google
Not even close to the best Premier League goalkeeper ever
Not even the best keeper Atletico have had in recent years

0/10 fax machines

Both mean the same thing and we bought Schmeichel when he was 27. Few years later he was the worlds best.
De Gea has a very big chance of being better at his peak. Only thing stopping him is the current team. Schmeichel was playing in a team that won the treble and De Gea...
Ignored the other two because nonsense.
Ignoring the other two because you have know I'm right and you can't argue that.

De Gea's the best in the league, but that's because the standard is pretty shite these days, Real would win the league if he went to them though.

Navas is hideously overrated.
Reply 2376
Ignoring the other two because you have know I'm right and you can't argue that.

De Gea's the best in the league, but that's because the standard is pretty shite these days, Real would win the league if he went to them though.

Navas is hideously overrated.

Wtf does a page on google actually mean and imagine thinking Atleti have a better keeper than the best one in the world ffs.

Courtois
Cech
Lloris
Them 3 are all WC and then you've got the likes of Hart, Casper, Forster etc.
Original post by Rk2k14
Wtf does a page on google actually mean and imagine thinking Atleti have a better keeper than the best one in the world ffs.

Courtois
Cech
Lloris
Them 3 are all WC and then you've got the likes of Hart, Casper, Forster etc.

10/10 Edurne's for missing my point.

De Gea wasn't the best keeper Atleti have had in the last few years, when they were there Courtois was far superior.

Lloris is not world class - just runs out a lot so gets praised for it, Courtois has been **** this season. Overall he rivals De Gea, but this season he's barely top 10 if that. Cech is on the decline and had a lot more poor performances/moments than I expected from his this year.

Caspers a ghost you mug.
Reply 2378
10/10 Edurne's for missing my point.

De Gea wasn't the best keeper Atleti have had in the last few years, when they were there Courtois was far superior.

Lloris is not world class - just runs out a lot so gets praised for it, Courtois has been **** this season. Overall he rivals De Gea, but this season he's barely top 10 if that. Cech is on the decline and had a lot more poor performances/moments than I expected from his this year.

Caspers a ghost you mug.

Man had Simeone doing mad ting with one of the best defences in front of him.

Fact is, you're trying to diminish the quality of a GOAT keeper.
Original post by The.Joker
Maybe get a part time job at Sainsburys again? I thought the night pay was really good, if so you can do a few night shifts throughout July-September and you can use that money for going out and save any money you don't use.

I know, I've thought about it but I'm literally not sure I could go from £150 a day to retail wage. It's not just that either, night shifts messed with me so much. And it's not even the money either, it's the calibre of job too.

I could really do with a few months off anyway because I haven't had a job-free summer in years. It's just any spending will hinder me.

Latest