The Student Room Group

is it worth doing a radio/journalism degree when you can be apart of the uni radio

At the moment im not sure if i want to do a journalism or psychology as a degree.

I was wondering if doing the uni radio provided you with enough experience to take that into a career?
same boat
Reply 2
Original post by scrawlx101
same boat

it's so annoying because i dont want to make one decision and regret the other
Original post by Appazap
it's so annoying because i dont want to make one decision and regret the other

ive picked psychology at uni but im tempted to change to eng lit on results day... or change to social psychology which is my fav unit
Original post by Appazap
At the moment im not sure if i want to do a journalism or psychology as a degree.

I was wondering if doing the uni radio provided you with enough experience to take that into a career?

You don't need to do Journalism or Radio Production to work in radio. Work experience can make a bigger difference- not just on the uni radio but any local radio you can get involved in or even national if you can, but I'd imagine that would be super competitive- for example near me there is hospital radio always looking for volunteers. Have a look at the bios of some of the current radio presenters to see what they did.

e.g. Greg James studied Drama at uni, but started out at his local hospital radio station before uni. Whilst at uni he gained experience not only with the uni radio but also with local stations too.

Chris Stark studied Politics. Like Greg James he too first gained experience at his local hospital radio station before he went to uni and then gained experience at a variety of radio stations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending