The Student Room Group

Could you be in a relationship without sex?

In terms of a serious relationship I believe that it cannot be possible.
I mean a relationship without sex is pointless.

Scroll to see replies

It is very possible
It is possible, I'd hope to due to religious reasons.

Everybody will be different, some see it as vital, others don't.
Original post by Blue_Mason

I'm sure some people do make it work.

And there are other benefits to being in a relationship.
i assume youre talking about a romantic relationship
to think that a serious romantic relationship without sex is impossible is silly. there are a lot of sex-repulsed people out there. some people dont want to have sex because they have no interest in it. some people have long lasting romantic relationships that are sexless and they have sex with others as per their romantic partners acceptance.
there are many different types of people and relationship out there.

so, in answer to your question, its perfectly possible to be in a relationship without sex, and i know i personally would be able to be in one.
Reply 6
yes it can be done, their are other ways to connect with a person. It depends on the people in the relationship tbh.
If you're a guy and you say yes, stop lying to yourself.
theres no such thing as a relationship without sex...
its called a friendship instead
Original post by childofthesun
It is very possible

Explain
It's definitely possible, but it seems like a very difficult thing to do these days. Depends on the person.
Tried it, absolutely horrible, cheated multiple times as a consequence. Do not recommend
Yes
Yes I definitely could. As long as were affectionate with each other and still had a laugh together, I could be in a sexless relationship easily. Relationships Relationships Relationships like this can work but only if both parties support not having sex

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Straighthate
theres no such thing as a relationship without sex...
its called a friendship instead

Considering it's possible to sleep with someone you don't even like that's quite a limited view of relationships.

Honestly, very much doubt it, would have to be a considerably good relationship in all other respects to give it up.
yes:biggrin:
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Considering it's possible to sleep with someone you don't even like that's quite a limited view of relationships.

Honestly, very much doubt it, would have to be a considerably good relationship in all other respects to give it up.

i have never heard of a long term relationship where people had never had sex with eachother
Original post by RomanKing
Explain

What is there to explain? Sex isn't the only way of expressing love or sharing intimacy. It may be difficult,but it's certainly not impossible.
Original post by Blue_Mason

Ofc its possible. I bet there are plenty of relationships which are sexless, but still function perfectly well. Moreso if they both wnat that and less so if it's enforced.
Possible, but honestly I prefer having relationship with sex.
However, it depends on couples.

Quick Reply

Latest