The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool respected by employers?

I would like to work in marketing for a charity/NGO upon graduation.

I've been accepted to Kent, Liverpool, Manchester and Nottingham.

I'm based in the North West and had significant family issues so now Kent and Nottingham seem off the cards.

Manchester is slightly far for me to commute to too, which leaves me really with just Liverpool.

I know Liverpool is the worst regarded out of all of them.

I know the usual advice would be "depends what you're studying" etc, but for anyone in the job market with a degree from Liverpool, is it highly regarded or would I be better off delaying and aiming for say Nottingham or Manchester next year with regards to my future?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by J_89
I would like to work in marketing for a charity/NGO upon graduation.

I've been accepted to Kent, Liverpool, Manchester and Nottingham.

I'm based in the North West and had significant family issues so now Kent and Nottingham seem off the cards.

Manchester is slightly far for me to commute to too, which leaves me really with just Liverpool.

I know Liverpool is the worst regarded out of all of them.

I know the usual advice would be "depends what you're studying" etc, but for anyone in the job market with a degree from Liverpool, is it highly regarded or would I be better off delaying and aiming for say Nottingham or Manchester next year with regards to my future?

Uni brand name rarely matters outside of a few careers (i.e. none of which you listed). Skills, experience etc are more important.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Uni brand name rarely matters outside of a few careers (i.e. none of which you listed). Skills, experience etc are more important.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Strongly agree. You will find that almost every job needs prior work experience which is extremely difficult for us young people to gain. Unless you are applying for graduate jobs where obviously you need a degree.
Reply 3
Thanks for your informative replies
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

thirded.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending