The Student Room Group

Choice for university

Hi, I recently got accepted for msc engineering with management at Kings. Can anyone tell me if it'll be a good choice to make. I also have offers from Glasgow, Liverpool, warwick and Birmingham for closely related courses.
Original post by Naivespartan
Hi, I recently got accepted for msc engineering with management at Kings. Can anyone tell me if it'll be a good choice to make. I also have offers from Glasgow, Liverpool, warwick and Birmingham for closely related courses.

Hi there,

Great to hear that you are have got lots of offers, well done! If you have any questions about the University of Liverpool, or the city itself then feel free to ask :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Hi, this is the rep account for Aberdeen. I won't be able to advise on the course specifically, but just wanted to jump in with some general advice about making university choices that you might find helpful.

I would recommend having a look around this site for students of each of the unis you have offers from to see what the general consensus is. Can be good to see what students generally are thinking about them.
It's also worth thinking about the cities and what appeals to you. Do you want to be close to or far away from family, do you want to be in a big or small city, are there things/places in that city that you're interested in or will be good for any hobbies you have; those sorts of factors should definitely be on your mind as well as the actual courses of each of the universities.
Then it would be worth having a look on each of our websites to see what appeals to you about the courses eg. course content, projects you will get to do through your degree, prospects upon graduation, that sort of thing.
If at all possible and if you haven't already it may be worth trying to visit these unis too, or at least contact them with some questions you might have about the course or city.

I hope this information has been useful and all the best with coming to a decision!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Reply 3
Hi, Is Uni of Liverpool known for its mechanical department? What are the postgraduate employability prospects for an international student from Uni of Liverpool?

Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

Great to hear that you are have got lots of offers, well done! If you have any questions about the University of Liverpool, or the city itself then feel free to ask :smile:

Hi, Is Uni of Liverpool known for its mechanical department? What are the postgraduate employability prospects for an international student from Uni of Liverpool?

Hi there,

Yes the Univesity of Liverpool Enginnering departments are very high quality, and have a great reputation within the UK, and abroad. The University stats don't break down the employability prospects for international students in particular however, after 15 months less than 5% of students are unemployed following their graduation - so there is great outcomes for those who take the course.

hopefully this is useful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest