AQA Biology Unit 1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dausa99
Same and its says on the Unoffical Mark scheme that its correct! :smile:

Wooooo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JamesHare
At least you won the Prem mate #havingaparty

Yep. Meanwhile, the noncing Adam Johnson, however, chose to write questions on the drinking habits of 15 year olds.
Reply 82
Original post by Melville140
I found it okay actually, I didn't put calcium into the 6 marker which I'm annoyed about now but I put in vitamins and everything else in :/. The very last question over a different way of using an indicator was hard :/ what's an indicator you can use for sulfur dioxide/air pollution? Does anyone know??

Lichen (a type of tree moss kinda thing) is used for air pollution
Reply 83
Original post by hafsa473
I would like to send an open letter to AQA or email them - WHO'S WITH ME

Me for sure. Like wtf were they thinking when putting this exam paper together. 'Independent companies' and other crap
Original post by Rafiaaa1
Me for sure. Like wtf were they thinking when putting this exam paper together. 'Independent companies' and other crap

I spent ages revising stuff such as WBC, Fertility drugs, adult cell cloning etc and it didnt even TOUCH upon it? We may as well have not even learnt any of it. It's meant to test our knowledge? AQA need to redeem themselves. Half of the stuff on the test wasn't even required according to the syllabus!!!
13230070_888512871276454_184863927308067261_n.jpg

No way.
Should've just revised business to know what an independent company is 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamie Vardy
13230070_888512871276454_184863927308067261_n.jpg

No way.

See, even Surrey Police thought that this exam was BS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AQA are getting roasted to the max today loool
I don't think the grade boundaries will be that high - although most of the questions were used quite basic knowledge it was how it had to be applied. I think the same sort of thing happened (to a greater extent) with edexcel maths last year.
Reply 90
Original post by Gunjo
It was 66.6% recurring or 67%. Either would get you the mark

You're suggesting that 66.6% recurring or 67% die from malaria? Woa, I should brace myself.
For the question about the thrush and snail, couldn't you put that due to a snails lack of movement that less energy will be used through movement and mean the thrush would recieve more biomass?
Reply 92
Original post by Zoe2026
Lichen (a type of tree moss kinda thing) is used for air pollution

I put Lichen down as well but now a something has spread and they wanted an animal not a plant/fungi?!? :s-smilie:
Reply 93
For the components of a healthy diet I wrote about carbohydates, proteins, fibre, water, vitamins & fats.
Original post by ihatehannah
I don't mean to sound cocky, but I found that exam piss, wud be surprised if i did not get minimum of 55.

Yeah, you definitely don't sound cocky ...........
Reply 95
It was a horrible exam!!! I managed to use the unofficial to predict I at least have 24/60...
Reply 96
That paper wasn't like any other biology past paper i've done before
Reply 97
Am I the only one that found that quite tricky? I went into the exam with a lot of knowledge but found it hard. Do you think the grade boundaries will be low for this one?

I expect them to be quite low because on TSR and on twitter a lot of people seem to have found it hard (apart from the 6 mark which was basically the only thing related to biology).
Reply 98
Original post by KingKateley
For the question about the thrush and snail, couldn't you put that due to a snails lack of movement that less energy will be used through movement and mean the thrush would recieve more biomass?

I said that :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 99
Am I the only one that found that quite tricky? I went into the exam with a lot of knowledge but found it hard. Do you think the grade boundaries will be low for this one?

no you're not the only one.. i walked out of that exam thinking i was the only one who found it a but tricky... turns out my whole year thought the same thing..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending