The Student Room Group

How's everyone feeling about the AQA Spanish exam?

Are you just learning vocab or doing practice papers too?
Reply 1
I heard that the French paper was a bit hard. I might just revise vocab and hope the paper isn't as bad. :redface:
Yea i'm just revising vocab and reconsidered not learning the tenses which i will probs cram in tonight anyway. Just remember, the Spanish exam is coordinated by a different group of people to the Spanish, and the grade boundaries should be low!
Reply 3
Im going to go through the words that catch you out and false friends ...
after the horrendous French exam on tuesday I'm not feeling great about tomorrow's Spanish :redface:
(AQA iGCSE but I heard that the topics that came up were quite similar)
Reply 5
Original post by luciie
I wasn't worried about it until I did the French listening on Tuesday, slightly scared they're going to throw in a load of random topics out of nowhere like they did with that exam :s-smilie: I'm just going to do some past papers tonight, what about you?

Same
I got As in my aural and written coursework however on past papers we did in class i get Cs.

Does anyone know what the most beneficial thing to would be tonight?

Im pretty terrible with grammar and vocab so I'm quite worried, any ideas?
Reply 7
Original post by flgrnt_dsrgrd
I got As in my aural and written coursework however on past papers we did in class i get Cs.

Does anyone know what the most beneficial thing to would be tonight?

Im pretty terrible with grammar and vocab so I'm quite worried, any ideas?

tbh the apps 'SpeakTribe Spanish ' and ' Doulingo ' really helped me !!
cheers @afdah
Reply 9
Original post by flgrnt_dsrgrd
cheers @afdah

no problem ^^
what should you do in the 5 minutes in the listening exam, apart from reading the paper\?
Reply 11
Original post by dbrownbeast
what should you do in the 5 minutes in the listening exam, apart from reading the paper\?

My class was told to write above pictures their spanish names. Eg. If there is a picture of a beach, write above it ' playa ', picture of grandparents ' abuelos ' ect c:
How was your exam?
Personally I felt the reading was easy but the listening seemed average but better compared to last year's paper. :smile:
Reply 13
i felt that the listening was okay - nothing overly complicated ^^
however i did find the higher reading more difficult than any of the past papers i've done x.x
any bits you found difficult ?
Thoughts on grade boundaries? 85/95 for an A*?
i usually get an A* in the reading and the past papers i did yesterday were all comfortable and the listening i got at least an A in the ones i did yesterday but i couldn't understand i thing today for some reason, idk how i did tbh. Eitherway i'm not too bothered, i want to learn spanish but in a way were there is no pressure, this gcse is all about memorisation, especially with coursework, you don't actually have to understand anything, its how good your memory is. (for some students)
Original post by afdah
i felt that the listening was okay - nothing overly complicated ^^
however i did find the higher reading more difficult than any of the past papers i've done x.x
any bits you found difficult ?

The writing question and in one on them it said confianza which I thought meant trust but when I asked my teacher she said that it means confidence in presentation. So some silly mistakes like for abuelo I wrote aunty instead of grandmother other than that it seemed okay.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending