The Student Room Group

AQA Literature B AS Level - Death of a Salesman and Othello

Has anyone got any predictions on what tomorrow's exam will be on?
I thought the paper today was awesome! I did Othello and Death of a Salesman, and they were just my dream questions! (However, I didn't include an intro or conclusion for Othello, I doubt this matters too much as the content was great). I was on such a high!!
Reply 2
Original post by Chris-Graham
I thought the paper today was awesome! I did Othello and Death of a Salesman, and they were just my dream questions! (However, I didn't include an intro or conclusion for Othello, I doubt this matters too much as the content was great). I was on such a high!!

I literally fist pumped to myself in the exam when I opened the booklet cause I thought the Death of Salesman Question would be a nightmare, but no I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't write a conclusion for Death of a Salesman but I did for Othello. My English Lit teacher says that the only thing that a conclusion is useful for is if you have a strong argument or if you want marks for structure which they are only like a couple of marks anyway so I wouldn't worry! :smile:
The Death of a Salesman question was good.

I didn't do a conclusion for Othello. I don't think you don't need one. The example essays on the website don't have conclusions, so...
Reply 4
Original post by Abstract_Prism
The Death of a Salesman question was good.

I didn't do a conclusion for Othello. I don't think you don't need one. The example essays on the website don't have conclusions, so...

Yeah, apparently they're not that important it's just my English Lit teacher told us to put a conclusion (even if it's just one line) just so that we have a good 'structure' to our argument. I think she feels some of our class can be quite vague with our answers so she felt a conclusion was needed to reinforce our points and make sure we end as strongly as we started in our introduction just to leave a certain impact on the examiner and to show a good sense of argument. Just to secure those AO'S really. It's not really needed if your response is strong throughout. The timing went well on the Othello question for me but not Death of a Salesman, hence why I didn't write a conclusion.

Quick Reply

Latest