The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

I'm debating between Leodis and Central Village, really want somewhere that's lively and sociable. Anyone suggest which is best or suggest any other places which may be be better in terms of social life?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by pcrawford
I'm debating between Leodis and Central Village, really want somewhere that's lively and sociable. Anyone suggest which is best or suggest any other places which may be be better in terms of social life?

Those are my favourites too! I'm thinking I'll pick CV for my application. Do you think you have a slight preference of the two? :smile:
Does anyone have any opinions on the smaller residences? Are they still social? What are the rooms and general layout like?
Original post by moeshaaodonkorr
Those are my favourites too! I'm thinking I'll pick CV for my application. Do you think you have a slight preference of the two? :smile:

Yeah I was thinking CV, but it's so oversubscribed and don't want to end up somewhere really out the way! So thinking maybe Leodis will be a safer bet but undecided 😊
Original post by pcrawford
Yeah I was thinking CV, but it's so oversubscribed and don't want to end up somewhere really out the way! So thinking maybe Leodis will be a safer bet but undecided 😊

Ahahaha I thought of that strategy too! I think it depends on the way you answer to questionnaire apparently
Good Afternoon,

I know of many student accommodation sites in Leeds which sound well suited to yourself!

Please give me a call on 07525913687

Kind Regards
Reply 326
Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy
Hey! I currently live in Sentinel and I really really like it! The rooms are better than they appear online, as they have newer furniture and the horrific curtains have gone.

The common room is nice, but it's very rarely ever used. I've never even set foot in it. Though some people use it for parties as it's a bigger space :smile:

Hey! Any idea how far Sentinel is from the Business School ?
Reply 327
Original post by ak_27
Hey! Any idea how far Sentinel is from the Business School ?

Would really like to know how far sentinel is from the business school1
Reply 328
Original post by madmadmax321
I stayed in montague burton last year! :biggrin:

Room: medium size, its nice + bit plain and has a single bed, cupboard, bedside table with drawers, desk and a sink in the room.

Kitchen: excellent size for the price and plenty of room for 5 people
Bathroom is cleaned 1/2 times a week and bins changed regularly

about 5 walk from uni, 15 minutes to town and 25 to the train station. It's about 20/25 minutes from walk from Headingley but you probably won't go there more than once or twice as there isn't any need too

It has a onestop about a 3 minute walk away

In my opinion its good value for the money and was a nice place to stay in for my first (sort of) year :biggrin:

Hey any idea how far Montague Burton is from the business school?
Reply 329
Ummm has anyone told you that Henry price isn't really en-suite? Like it kind of is...but you share a tiny en suite bathroom with the room next door to you. It's super weird, like each bathroom has two doors going into each room. Also you share a kitchen with LOTS of people (8 or 9) and they're currently doing construction work near by (not sure if it will be done by the time you move in) I mean I was going to apply as a business student, as I could have rolled out of bed and landed in my seminars. Location is good, but that's about it, also I *think* it's the other side of campus from Physics.

Leodis seems nice enough :smile: haven't actually been inside that accommodation though.

Tannery is right opposite where I live (sentinel towers) and it's a rather large accommodation. It's very close to the city centre, but about a 20/25 minute walk to your school. It's also an uphill walk to the uni! That being said you fly down the hills home in record time, and there is a bus that goes from right outside the accommodation that will take you to morrisons or the uni for only £1 each way, and to Headingly for no more than £2. It's pretty nice inside, I'm not overly fussed on the bedrooms or en suites (comparing it to mine though which I prefer :tongue:) but the kitchens are really really nice. They're huge and have a seating area at the end, almost like a 'living space'

Hey could you please tell me more about your experience at Sentinel Towers. Thinking of applying there
Original post by ak_27
Hey any idea how far Montague Burton is from the business school?

10-15 minutes (closer to 10) as the business school is on the opposite end of campus, best one for being close to the business school is probably henry price
Original post by ak_27
Hey could you please tell me more about your experience at Sentinel Towers. Thinking of applying there

Hey, sorry for the late reply, it's exam season >.<

It's about 15 minutes to the business school. (If you're fit you could do it in 10).

I really like the rooms, kitchens are a little on the small side, good location. Has a common room, laundry facilities and a site office. The staff who work here are lovely. Obviously en-suite, and a good price compared to other places! Though if you are looking for a 'party' accommodation, sentinel will bore you to tears. Only 240ish students, and almost half of those are postgraduate students, and many in the undergrad building are exchange students. But I love it. It's what I needed, a clean, comfortable place to stay with an en-suite near the business school!
I'm still kind of torn between Tannery, Sentinel Towers or Leodis.. can someone give me opinions please XD I'm planning to go en-suite and self catered and don't really want it to be a ''party'' accommodation that's quite close to the engineering building
Original post by ao_no_exorcist21
I'm still kind of torn between Tannery, Sentinel Towers or Leodis.. can someone give me opinions please XD I'm planning to go en-suite and self catered and don't really want it to be a ''party'' accommodation that's quite close to the engineering building

I was exactly in your same situation, and I opted for Leodis. Having some advice would be extremely useful, I have never visited Leeds!
Original post by ao_no_exorcist21

Leodis is definitely closest (perhaps 10-15 min away depending on the engineering building your in), as for 'party accommodation' if I am honest the only thing that effects that is the people you get put with, contrary to popular on tsr none of the accommodations are really any more social than the others, its all down to the people you get put with. I have friends in the same accommodation who have all had completely different social experiences dependent on the type of people they live with (which you cant do too much about)

sentinel towers and the tannery are less than 10 min from each other (sentinel towers is about 5-8 min closer than tannery to the uni)
Reply 335
Anyone else Charles Morris? Feels like no ones applied to it
Original post by madmadmax321
Leodis is definitely closest (perhaps 10-15 min away depending on the engineering building your in), as for 'party accommodation' if I am honest the only thing that effects that is the people you get put with, contrary to popular on tsr none of the accommodations are really any more social than the others, its all down to the people you get put with. I have friends in the same accommodation who have all had completely different social experiences dependent on the type of people they live with (which you cant do too much about)

sentinel towers and the tannery are less than 10 min from each other (sentinel towers is about 5-8 min closer than tannery to the uni)

'less than ten minutes' I could spit on the tannery from my room if I wanted to (though that would be disgusting) it's maybe 30 seconds away :tongue: though the tannery does have to walk up a flight more stairs than Sentinel, and they are killer stairs
'less than ten minutes' I could spit on the tannery from my room if I wanted to (though that would be disgusting) it's maybe 30 seconds away :tongue: though the tannery does have to walk up a flight more stairs than Sentinel, and they are killer stairs

I had to google maps sentinel tbf, hadnt even heard of it aha
Reply 338
Hey, sorry for the late reply, it's exam season >.<

It's about 15 minutes to the business school. (If you're fit you could do it in 10).

I really like the rooms, kitchens are a little on the small side, good location. Has a common room, laundry facilities and a site office. The staff who work here are lovely. Obviously en-suite, and a good price compared to other places! Though if you are looking for a 'party' accommodation, sentinel will bore you to tears. Only 240ish students, and almost half of those are postgraduate students, and many in the undergrad building are exchange students. But I love it. It's what I needed, a clean, comfortable place to stay with an en-suite near the business school!

I'm mostly going for Montague Burton as its near the business school. And since i can do without en suite, it makes sense. Any views on this accommodation, only con I've heard is that you have to walk uphill and that's not really an issue. Thanks!
Reply 339
Original post by Planckton
Not bothered about an ensuite but it'd be a nice bonus, would like a big kitchen, close to the gym, and on or near campus? I'll be doing a lot of sport too!
Looking at Leodis, Henry Price, James Baillie and Devs? Ruled out CV cause of cost.

Have you looked at Montague Burton?

Quick Reply

Latest