The Student Room Group

English Literature

Should I just revise for character rather than themes and character for 'Of Mice and Men' and 'An Inspector Calls' if I'm more comfortable with character more because I can't put so many information of characters and themes in my head together and it might be a waste of time if I revise for themes if I'm going to pick a character question in the exam but maybe the the character question might be harder than the theme question but I should be prepared for the character question so the question should not be hard for me. What do you think?
Original post by Jarif
Should I just revise for character rather than themes and character for 'Of Mice and Men' and 'An Inspector Calls' if I'm more comfortable with character more because I can't put so many information of characters and themes in my head together and it might be a waste of time if I revise for themes if I'm going to pick a character question in the exam but maybe the the character question might be harder than the theme question but I should be prepared for the character question so the question should not be hard for me. What do you think?

I find that often character quotes and analysis can fit in well with themes as well, for example Crook's race can fit into the theme of loneliness and segregation. I would revise what you think would be most valuable to you.
Reply 2
Yeah thanks. I did my English literature test already on Monday and I knew the important themes already and I revised more for character.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending