The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology 7401/1 and 7401/2 Exam - 26th May and 7th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eleanor99
Are we meant to know about the nodes in the heart?

nope/ thats A2
Original post by Clintbarton
Yep. Front of the revision guide. There's like 18 pages on all the maths/practical skills.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think I have the same revision guide:frown: but thanks for answering!! :biggrin:
What do you guys think the boundaries will be?
Original post by pandasandpens
I don't think I have the same revision guide:frown: but thanks for answering!! :biggrin:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1464190269.521663.jpgHere you go!!

Excuse my horrific handwriting :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pandasandpens
Do we need to know about students t test and chi squared???

Nope. That's for A2!
Original post by G.name
What do you guys think the boundaries will be?

Either really really high because we are new spec or really really low because we are new spec, lol.

My teachers all think they will be quite low because my whole year did the specimens as mocks and only around 5 people got above the typical 80% for an A (my college were so worried they rang all of the others in our area and asked if everyone else's AS bio were doing equally as **** 😂😂😂they were haha) so based on that and the fact the papers will probably be harder, I reckon quite low.

Also, I really hope that we do not get ridiculous grade boundaries. My biology teacher told me that one year the difference between an A and an E at A-level was 12 marks. 12. 12!!!!! Imagine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Workangel_24
Nope. That's for A2!

New spec we do! Look at my previous post above yours :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the biodiversity chapter, there's quite a lot about agricultural impact on biodiversity.
How much do you guys know on it?
What is the difference between Paper 1 and 2? Can all topics come up on both and are the required practical questions on both?
Reply 149
Original post by eveveveveve
What is the difference between Paper 1 and 2? Can all topics come up on both and are the required practical questions on both?

Yes.
Original post by 10moxoma
On the biodiversity chapter, there's quite a lot about agricultural impact on biodiversity.

Absolutely shite-all. LMAO I ignored it until now. If it comes up as a big topic in gonna fail gonna fail gonna faiiiiiilllll.

I reckon LOADS on the heart. Recent past papers and specimen papers there was nothing on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 151
Original post by OfficialChemist
You know when you're asked calculate percentage change, if they don't specify if it's a increase or decrease, would you show its a decrease by including a negative sign in the beginning?
also could this same rule apply for rate of reaction, where you draw tangent, but grad is negative?

I am aware that if they specify that you need to calculate percentage decrease... you don't need to include sign because question already says which direction the graph is going. However how about when just percentage change, and it happens to be a decrease?

In the specimen, there was a question on rate and the MS said -0.34 so I think so
Reply 152
Original post by 10moxoma

What do we need to know? My teacher skimmed over it and all I've seen on mark schemes are typically

'fewer plants, habitats and redutction in variety of food'
Just checking then so any kind of question in new spec from say an old past paper 1 or 2 could come up?
Original post by Workangel_24
Nope. That's for A2!

Pretty sure it's AS as well. You need to know about the null hypothesis and although you don't need to know the formula (as they will be given) you need to know how to sub numbers in. Also this will probably come up in P1 or P2 as it is new and it is testing math skills (which accounts for 10-15% of the exams).
Does anyone know what's new to the course other than stat tests? Chances are the new stuff will definitely come up at some point.
are there practical questions in tomorrow's exam?
Original post by moshe015
are there practical questions in tomorrow's exam?

Could be
u sure?
Reply 159
Finding this thread and totally giving up on doing any more revision; ]
would recommend to just do loads of exam papers. There has been a recent study and a really interesting article shared to us by one of our teachers
http://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/may/07/the-way-youre-revising-may-let-you-down-in-exams-and-heres-why

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending