The Student Room Group

can i do m3/m4 if i do core maths and have already done m1 and going to do m2

im confused as to whether you need further maths or pure maths for m3/m4/m5 because i would like to do these modules
What about M2 though ?
No you don't need Further pure modules to do m3 or m4 however you don't get an as level because you would have to do one further pure module in order to get an AS for further maths.
Hope that made sense :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it spends what exam board you're with. I know that for OCR there are specific combinations you have to take but it might be different if you're with a different exam board. Here are the combinations for OCR.
image.jpeg
Reply 3
Original post by blck&burgundy
What about M2 though ?
No you don't need Further pure modules to do m3 or m4 however you don't get an as level because you would have to do one further pure module in order to get an AS for further maths.
Hope that made sense :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So FP1 + M3 + M4 is a whole A-level?
Original post by Abb97
So FP1 + M3 + M4 is a whole A-level?

No that would be an AS level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abb97
im confused as to whether you need further maths or pure maths for m3/m4/m5 because i would like to do these modules

You can study them if you want, you can take the exams if you want but to complete a qualification you would need to also take FP1 that would combine with your 2 best results to make a further maths AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abb97

For edexcel M3; mainly c1-c4 + m1 and m2 will be built upon. you will integrate and differentiate for quite a few chapters.
for M4: Fp2 is required as you will be doing 2nd order differential equations plus c1-c4 and m1-m3
idk abt m5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending