The Student Room Group

It's official, the UK is the gayest nation in Europe!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Howard
Oh, I see. So the UK merely wins the award for being nicest to gays.

Yes, and I think that is something to be very proud of.

I wonder who runs away with that award for actual gayness (in number of actual Cadbury's merchants per capita terms)
Apparently Australia are the 'world's gayest country', can't find who wins in Europe, though...
Reply 81
Original post by Hasbara Habibi
Yes, and I think that is something to be very proud of.

Apparently Australia are the 'world's gayest country', can't find who wins in Europe, though...

Really? Who'd have thought that a country founded by hardened criminals would become the gayest in the world? I'm surprised. Shows what 200 years can do. I'd love to see Kevin Bloody Wilson make a song out of this one.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yay im so gay!! :colone:(happy)
Reply 83

What's to be proud of? The rest of the world is pi$$ing themselves laughing.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Does/Doesn't meet with expectations? :holmes:

No , Not at all :biggrin:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Haha, taking all the credit now?

How comes?

How come what?
Original post by Foo.mp3

Apparently, like mine, his social concern relates to the fact that: 'there is not enough research on the impact having gay parents has on children'

The establishment is pushing the religion of 'progressive' liberalism & political correctness vs. doing this to those who follow the established church

You may like to read about this study.
How the **** is this something to be proud of?
Original post by Foo.mp3

"Rainbow Europe Map reflecting the 49 European countries’ legislation and policies that have a direct impact on the enjoyment of human rights by LGBTI people"

Source: http://www.ilga-europe.org/home/publications/reports_and_other_materials/rainbow_europe

What do people think of this, is the UK really as progressive as this might lead one to believe or is it merely indicative of a liberal/urban political/media elite pushing a pro-gay legislative agenda (whilst a significant proportion of the rest of society remain rather more Putin-esque in their values/outlook)?

Have people experiences of any of the other countries featured that differ from the indicator given?

France, Spain, Greece = consistent with what I know of them, and we all know the Irish/Italians are a wee bit 'Vatican' at times, but their ratings still surprised me!

If the UK'S population is the gayest in Europe- I have not checked any facts behind this, then surely the best idea would to be to get rid of certain areas. Areas such as Brighton or Blackpool where the homosexual demographic is over-represented vastly! In Brighton there are 2554 homosexuals couples living together, this was reported in 2004 and there was a total of 78522 in the UK (about 3.25% of gays live in Brighton). Blackpool is also another gay capital, the thing we need to do is have independance from Brighton and Blackpool and gays will be a lot more sparse

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/brighton-is-gay-capital-7298902.html
Reply 89
Sweden is the worst case in Europe. Germany is also more political correct than UK.
Reply 90
The 2016 Rainbow Europe map is out

https://rainbow-europe.org/#8647/0/0

UK now 3rd with 81%, Malta is officially the most LGBT-friendly country in Europe at 88%. Turkey has declined and Russia is still at 7%, long way to go in some countries, but there's certainly been some progress in many countries like with Ireland voting for same-sex marriage and UK is still one of the most LGBT-friendly countries in Europe which is great :nyan:
(edited 7 years ago)
Fabulous!
Reply 92
Good news, just a shame the left want to bring barbaric ideologies into the UK which are against homosexuality.

The left always complain that the UK is controlled by right wingers, well clearly it is us right wingers who must be actually helping the LGBT movement while the left are trying to destroy it
Reply 93
Ummm yippie?
You make it sound like its a good thing, liberal agenda for you I guess, they should stop spreading their, vile poison into schools, it's a form of child grooming. If your going to be gay fine, just keep it to yourself.
Reply 95
Good!!. sex and love is about the connection between human beings. It's about time more countries stopped been so homophobic and give more protection to non heterosexual people, people should not have to hide or live in fear. I find it sad very very sad that in the 21st century there is so much hate and intolerance in the world, and so much of it is encouraged by religions .
I think it's shameful that people can be beaten or murdered by their own families because they are attracted to persons of the same gender.
more countries should learn to support the most natural human right, that to be able to love anybody they choose.
Reply 96
Original post by DauntlessOne
You make it sound like its a good thing, liberal agenda for you I guess, they should stop spreading their, vile poison into schools, it's a form of child grooming. If your going to be gay fine, just keep it to yourself.

Educating young people it's ok to be yourself isn't really grooming is it ! and it's not vile poison. Not everyone likes the opposite sex.it's been going on since the start of humanity. Most animal species are the same.
Reply 97
Even an intolerant country like Pakistan has a huge gay scene, and I'm sure they don't have" grooming" in schools!!

http://www.thewire.com/global/2013/08/pakistan-being-gay-man-awesome-if-all-you-want-gay-sex/68760/
Original post by sethy75
Educating young people it's ok to be yourself isn't really grooming is it ! and it's not vile poison. Not everyone likes the opposite sex.it's been going on since the start of humanity. Most animal species are the same.

Telling primary school kids about homosexuals isn't educating them its confusing them sexually. I think its appalling that this type of thing is allowed in Britain. kids between the ages of 5-14 shouldn't be taught about homosexuals, because they just wind up sexually confused. why can't you just let them be kids? They don't have the capacity at that age to truly understand it. So yes it is a form of sexual grooming and you would see that too if you wasn't degenerated.
Original post by DauntlessOne
If your going to be gay fine, just keep it to yourself.

If you're going to be straight fine, just keep it to yourself.
We don't want your movies shoving your straight agenda down our throats. Why do you need to have straight PDAs anyway? Everyone hates them.
Stop glorifying straight relationships, because they're clearly unhealthy.

It doesn't sound so great when you flip it around, does it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending